1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyway to get yao to toughen up?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by afa2352, Dec 16, 2003.

Tags:
  1. SLA

SLA Member

Well doesn't Golden State reaaaally want him? haha well I would trade him. Not for Dampier. Maybe Dampier and the 3 #1 picks as well as maybe Speedy Claxton or one of their power forwards..Clifford Robinson :p. Give them Moochie too.

I don't think the Rockets are going to trade Yao Ming. And they aren't going to trade Steve either. They have to somehow find a way to play as a team!!! Just make shots and it's all good...

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Water torture might do it.

3. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

I didn't watch much of the game tonight against the wolves, but I've heard from people on this site that he looked sick, is there any truth to that? or did he just looked naturaly bad?

4. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Change Yao to a black guy.

5. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

dude, there's no room on the bbs for crap. please don't post stuff like this anymore.

6. Roc Paint

He looked naturaly unaturaly.

7. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Get him an American Girlfriend.

:rolleyes: `

8. Roc Paint

Let him walk a plank over a "flying shark" tank. ;)

9. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

quit living with his parents

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

HEHE.... I can't say what it will take. Yao is so big, he should be dominating with his skills.

11. fietguy

fietguy Member

good argument,

i concede, but partially,

i do not want to seem like i am differentiating too much,

but i maintain Yao did get deep position in the paint, he just did not

capitalize enough
    get the ball when he was fronted, although he was begging for it

and i saw that hoiberg play you were referring too, Yao wasn't boxed out on that play, it was the the exact opposite, the ball rebound didn't land in the paint, it went beyond the paint where hoiberg was and Yao wasn't...

having said that, Yao did look like he was sleepwalking, but i would attribute this to solely him, its not like he brings the ball up..

so on offense, i would say, half Yao's fault (and it hurts me to say this)

on defense, valid point, Yao i thought was not the force he needs to be...i thought his defense was horrible...

but my argument was that yao was agressive in establish paint position tonite...saying he wasn't blocking shots or scoring is a different matter...

i just have some frustration because people just use aggressive like a buzzword and it pigeonholes Yao everytime he doesn't score 17/10 which is unfair and more important not the facts...

in conclusion,

i still think was deep in the paint,
    yet he didn't play that good defensively (especially help)
    and his rebounding was poor - yet there were some pretty ****ty rebounds, we really laid up bricks tonite, shots that would go up and bounce out to the free throw line

12. edc

edc Contributing Member

Don't ever overestimate the heart of Patrick Ewing. That guy was soft as a player, and clearly isn't accomplishing anything with Yao Ming.

I wonder if Moses Malone is still willing to come back and work with YM. Not that Les would acommodate given his "no former Rockets allowed" policy.

13. GRAYsquirrel

GRAYsquirrel Member

yes! quit living with your PARENTS, YAO!!!!!!!

and yes!!! bring in Moses Malone!!!!!!!

and **** Ewing! and get rid of Moochie!!

14. Juugie

Juugie Member

I suggested trading Yao and Moochie for Dampier and Nick Van Excel in another trade and was called all kinds of idiots.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

jesus .. . now Cat and Steve responsible for Yao's attitude
    THE ONE HE BROUGHT WITH HIM??????

Incredible

Rocket River

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

i agree

Rocket River

17. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

We might be thinking of different plays. The play I was referring to wasn't in the paint but on the side. Yao had position and then Fred Hoiberg came in front of him shoved him a little and basically took the ball out of Yao's hands in the air. Not exactly something you like to see happen to a 7-6 center.

18. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

At the moment I see a disfunctional Yao Ming playing on a disfunctional Team. A Team that is playing far below their abilities. There must be a reason for this drop off. Its so dramatic that it could be considered deliberate. Is JVG upsetting the apple cart by trying to get players to do what they dont do well, as opposed to using their assets. Eg Steve isnt a Playmaker Point Guard he is a scorer.Yao Ming is not a Banger Power Center he is a finesse player that is 90" tall. JVG would be advised to rethink his plan to turn the Rockets into the Knicks of Old.Its not working and the public/Fans dont like this style of Basketball.What ever happened to the inside outside Game that they were preparing to play this season? I still see a big falling out between Players, Coach and Management its been coming for about two weeks already.

19. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Yetti -
    The last scoring PG to win an NBA championship was...?

The last finesseCenter to win an NBA championship was....?
    (And we can debate this until h*** freezes over, but Dream was just as much power as finesse).

IMO, the path is clear...you give the team the time to adjust (and 20+ games is not enough). As in all aspects of life, you give the process enough time to evolve and then you make the needed adjustments.

20. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

ANY ONE OF YOU. I challenge you to give me a reasonable argument on how him not living with his parents will toughen him up.

If anything that may ruin him. It will give him the open door to do whatever, and get himself in trouble. If anything he should also have a personal coach living with him. A player living with his parents shows respect and family love, it does not show that a person is weak. This is the most pathetic excuse, saying that because he lives with his parents he is not tuff. Heck, It is one of the few things that is underrated in this country. Respecting your parents and living as a family. I personally see nothing wrong in the cultural aspect of YAO's lifestyle