1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone who saw tonight's game knows it wasn't House's Fault for his play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by astros123, Mar 20, 2019.

1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Po
    Guess people love getting played by trolls then. I'm getting to the point myself were I see it's not even about a basketball decision so I'm just gonna stay away n not try to make sense of it

2. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

not sure if you're being serious or trolling but if serious that's a really toxic and counterproductive mentality to have

3. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

That's right... better f-ing up now than in the playoffs. The fastest way to success is to make as many mistakes as you can until you gain mastery. He's super talented when you get to the unknown, you get scared and you just want to play small. It happens. James, CP3, Dantoni, Morey trust him. He'll eventually trust himself.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  4. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I really like Danuel House. He's not a star, and he screws up sometimes, including tonight. But he fits well on our team. For the most part, he has played smart, and he has played well, and I hope he keeps it up. He is fallible. He is also forgiven.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

better house make those mistskes now rather than in the finals when when we play philly.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

7. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Lol there are HOF!?!?!?

DreamShook likes this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I envy your obliviousness.

RichieBanks and topfive like this.
  9. Rox11

Rox11 Member

So your saying there are members who joined just for house?

10. astros123

astros123 Member

He should've been effing up back in January not during a playoff stretch in March.

11. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

What I liked which I did notice was that CP3 and Harden didn’t jump down this throat. Instead they took him under their wing. Yes he got shook in the moment. Lights were too bright in that scramble for the win. That will ease with proper leadership from teammates and with experience. I was frustrated too but better he works this out now instead of in May.

Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Naw fam. There are members that were here the whole time and converted. It isn't as bad as an LOF, but just as thirsty.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  13. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Should we turn this into a “House Party” ... o_O

VIP’s and ROF’s only!!

Go Rockets!!!

D-rock likes this.
  14. SORF

SORF Member

Well, if it wasn't his fault, he sure as hell didn't help much! He made some untimely mistakes..

15. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Start Shamp is a naive

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ahhhh... another House thread to preemptively address all the House Only Haters that for some strange reason no one can seem to find.

Puzzling.

topfive likes this.
  17. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

No we need House to learn on the court during the regular season. During his first few games with the Rockets, he was tentative and wasn't great on offense - the stakes were higher tonight and that side of himself showed up again.

Kudos to this guy - he picks it up quickly and this is an excellent experience for the young guy.

Rivers made some awful plays down the stretch too - he turned the ball over, hesitated on an open three and took a contested drive to the basket which missed.

I think House may have gotten fouled on that drive to the basket off CP3's pass in overtime but he's a rookie and can't expect to get a foul call

And what on earth is this about Iman Schumpert? I thought most posters on here understand that he is our Joe Johnson this year - the vet that MDA trusts because he is a vet but shouldn't be getting any minutes at all

18. clos4life

clos4life Member

I knew it. We win and DHoOF's act like it's the second coming of the Messiah. We lose, House has one of his bad g-league games at the NBA level and we gonna blame everyone but House.

Ya'll just wanna have your cake and eat it too. I like the dude but ya'll been ruining this board with ignorant takes. He is a good role player like every other scrub playing next to our big 3, led by a transcendent super star.

Who dropped 57 and put the team on his back to force OT? Here is a clue, it ain't House.

Give House respect when he earns it but don't baby him when he craps the bed.

Little Bit, HP3, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  19. Zergling

Zergling Member

House did not have a good game, but Capela's poor play was far more negatively impactful to the team than House's missed shots and blunders.

And I thought Green deserved to play over House at the end since his threes were the one that woke up a team that called it quits.

I think fatigue played a role for House at the end for sure. Tying his season high with 39 minutes on the 2nd end of a back to back is probably something he hasn't really had to deal with. The previous time he played this many minutes was with 2 days rest.

Team in general was gassed, which is an embarrassing indictment on Mike D'Antoni. If your team is dead tired in the regular season, you're doing it wrong. NBA teams have a 15 man roster for a reason. How is Gary Clark not playing in a B2B game like this? Where is Hartenstein?

BaselineFade likes this.
  20. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I kinda miss the HOF’s. They kept me laughing. That is one entertaining crowd. Hopefully House bounces back Friday so this place can get back to normal. I’m guilty of chiming in for Lol’s as Dreamshook put it. It’s become somewhat of a guilty pleasure. HOF’s please come back. I kinda miss y’all:(.

21. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Everyone STFU! We lost to a trash ass grizzlies team bc that’s what the rockets do against lower competition. If Houston was playing a college team they would loose. We also lost bc Capela’s trash ass can’t guard ANYONE TO SAVE HIS F****** LIFE! I can’t believe how many rebounds a guy named Jonás got over him and then to top it off he fouls him for an AND 1 ON A REBOUND TO WIN THE GAME!!!