1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone watching 'The Curse of Oak Island'?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Win, Jan 26, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Win

Win Contributing Member

I find myself looking forward to the next episode tonight on the History channel. I've long found the subject fascinating.

2. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

I've always been interested in the Oak Island mystery. Really glad these guys are having another attempt at searching. I have issues with the show, it drags on way too much and History have a need to over dramatize everything. There is enough factual events to provide enough mystery about the Island without History having to stage stuff with dramatic music.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I was so interested in this as a kid after I watched In Search Of with Leonard Nimoy -- but the new show is so slow and over dramatic I watched it for about 10 minutes before changing the channel.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CZ7PmnxCqdc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Win

Win Contributing Member

The episode tonight is "The Find". Though the series has been slow, the subject matter is still fascinating. It would appear there will be some sort of payoff tonight. I wonder...

5. updawg

updawg Member

So, did they find the treasure?

I tried watching an episode but could only watch about 10 mins as well

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

every episode has 10 minutes of new footage. the other 35 minutes is rehashing the same crap every commercial break and every show.

7. jvu

jvu Member

Episodes are slow AF. Feel like these episodes are being stretched out. 2-3 episodes they just had a guy metal detecting for one coin.