1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone want to play nba 2k6 on xbox 360?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rsx_htown, Feb 26, 2006.

1. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

anybody got it with live?

2. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I'll play you, too bad I only have a PS2 and I dont have the modem.

3. rsx_htown

yeah too bad

4. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I'll play you sometime just for fun. I usuall don't play games online cause either I or the other person is too competitive to have any fun, but I'll give it a go.

My ID is mecca1216.

5. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Dumb question: Can xbox users play just other xbox users online?

6. rsx_htown

i gave it up for the night ill add you to a friends though for later

7. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can only play people on the same system.

8. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

i thought the OP was inviting all the bbsers to come over and play :(

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

For some reason, my PS2 won't play my NBA 2K6 game anymore. I guess it's time to sell it.

10. brentdapmp

brentdapmp Member

add me to your friends list when you get a chance. My gamertag is MASTER CHIEFERS

I play NBA 2k6 and Fight Night Round 3 online

11. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I was really dissapointed with all of the launch sports games on the 360. You can tell EA and 2K Sports didn't take much time polishing up their ports to the 360... they certainly didn't utilize the sytem to the fullest. With that said you can tell that with Fight Night they had the time to give it all they had, so the upcoming sports games are going to be much better.

12. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Im sure its because they (EA and 2k) didn't have much devlopment time. The xbox 360 did get rushed out pretty quickly. They want a big jump start before PS3 buries them. :p

13. brentdapmp

brentdapmp Member

yeah I absolutely LOVE fight night. The gameplay is great and graphically no game can touch it. The other night I just kept thinking if this is just the beginning of the system I can't imagine what the future holds.

14. Svpernaut

Sony is shooting themselves in the foot for making it Blu-Ray... Right now estimates put the actual cost of building the PS3 at nearly $900!!! Also, people seem to forget that simply because the Blu-Ray DVDs hold more information they can't stream that information to the systems as fast as the current DVD drives can. It will be a first generation Blu-Ray Drive (2x speed) while the 360 is using a 12x DVD drive.

With that said, most developers don't even believe that anything over 8GB of data is needed in the next several years. Take Oblivion for example, it is a game with well over 200 hours of gameplay yet they got all the information on the 360 DVD in 5GBs, so 3+ gigs to spare. With the vast majority of audio and video being crunched down smaller and smaller 30+ gigs is overkill.

Sony also is completely ignoring the gaming market that Microsoft simply dominates... online play.

15. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Not really, but thanks.

16. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Wow...you don't honestly believe all that, do you? So much misinformation in that post, not to mention that chow_yun_fat kind of had a point there (although I still put at least some blame of TT and EA for their "next-gen" games). IIRC, final devkits for the 360 went out about 2-3 months prior to launch, and I believe they offered quite a leap over the beta kits that were released a few months earlier (and those provided an even bigger difference compared to the alpha kits). For comparison, final devkits for the PS3 went out in late December/early January. Considering the PS3 would cost like $900 to make if it came out this year, then I guess developers will have 12+ months to work on those games while Sony gets that straightened out. ;)

Heck, according to Merrill Lynch, they may get 36+ months of development time before Sony can get the PS3's cost to equal roughly what the 360 cost MS when it launched late last year. :D

17. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

I can play. I love playing NBA2k6 and Fight Night

gamertag- dskillzhtown

18. Svpernaut

Where is the disinformation? All of what I stated is true. Oblivion is 5BG on disc, the DVD Rom is 12x, the Blue-Ray drives will be 2x, current cost of building a PS3 to spec is over 900 bucks and Sony isn't offering a centralized online service. Feel free to show me where any of that information is wrong. Plenty of 360 Dev's have stated the this generation of Blu-Ray is complete overkill for gaming. Dev's from Bethesda, Ubisoft, Activision and many other gaming houses have stated that the 9GB given on standard DVDs is ample for the gaming technologies out there. All that giving them more space allows is more content in the form of audio tracks and rendered video... there is a reason that no game to-date, even PC games even come CLOSE to being 9GB installed.

Sony including the Blu-Ray is simply a marketing ploy to try and one-up Microsoft... I have a feeling that plenty of PS3 buyers would rather have an online community built in rather then Blue-Ray compatibility. Call that miss-information all you want but I can point you to the OVERWHELMING success of XBox Live Marketplace to squelch that theory. XBox Live gives Microsoft another avenue to bring in extra revenue, revenue that will help them keep the overall cost of 360 lower then PS3, and by a long-shot now and for years to come.

19. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

Me too, I was going to beat him and steal it once I got there :cool:

20. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

Yeah don't worry about him. Everything you said makes sense.

So I'm waiting for Oblivion to come out and buy a 360 then... is it gonna be the 20th? Or later? I sure hope there's no more delays. That's basically the only game I want to play on 360... of course maybe I'll buy DOA and Madden or NBA just to have more games.