1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone want a dog? (about an 11 month puppy)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tmac2k8, Nov 24, 2012.

Tags:
  1. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I found this dog in my street a few days ago. I been taking care of him all week and decided to take him to CAPS (citizens for animal protection) shelter today. They told me there was a chance he may be euthanized due to his blind eye. One of his eyes is really grey and we suspect he's blind in that eye. There was no way I was going to risk a perfectly health puppy getting put down over something like that so I kept him. (extremlely dissapointed in CAPS though).

I would really like to find him an owner since I already have 2 crazy dogs of my own. He's very friendly and good with people. It was 2 small kids that found him and brought him to me He is lovable and always craves attention. He's a digger so he can't be in a backyard by himself or he will escape. He weights about 15 pounds I would say. Here is a picture of him.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  2. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

email me or comment if interested. If you have ideas on where I can post let me know too.

2 people like this.
  3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

You are doing a great thing here and wish you all the best! Have two dogs of my own, otherwise I'd try to help out.

4. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

please let me know if there is anyone you know that might be interested.

5. weakfromtoday

weakfromtoday Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can't take the puppy, but rep for the effort. Hope he finds a good home.

6. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

also, try post it on reddit.

but be careful about your information on reddit

7. supafrumpy

supafrumpy Contributing Member

how big do you think he will grow up to be?

8. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Check your rep... Respond to me through rep.

1 person likes this.
  9. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Clever disguise to get more rep? *Golf clap* Well done sir, well done.

10. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

dont want people knowing where i live and where the OP lives.

11. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Suggestion:

If you use facebook, post it there. When I found a little sad sack german shepherd pup that had lost a bunch of hair and had skin problems, etc. my wife tool some video on her phone and put it up with a request that people repost to their accountOnce it was up, people 'liked' it or whatever Facebook does and then reposted it as we asked. Within 24 hours, we had located a friend of a friend in Dallas that we didn't even know that Was looking for a dog just like the one we found.

IIRC, we really played up the sad situation in which we found him (I found him in the cold winter rain huddled in the shadow of a dumpster behind Gulfgate Mall. He was obviously on the verge of starving, and was whimpering and howling/yelping at people walking by, who in turn ignored him). We alsodetailed his sweet disposition, and the fact that he would (like your pup) probably be euthanized. Give people a reason to believe that this dog id more needy/special than just any random dog from a shelter.

#11 Ottomaton, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  12. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I think he's fully grown. If he's to grow anymore it wouldn't be much.