1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone see the preview of The Village

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dream34, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

Did any of you catch the trailer for The Village. A new suspense thriller by M. Night Shyamalan. It looks suspenseful. The one great quality that M. Night does is not let the audience actually see the creatures that are out there in the woods. He lets your imagination do that for him.

Catch out the trailer below and let me know your thoughts? Was this based on a book?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/touchstone/the_village/

2. synergy

synergy Member

Trailer looks good. M. Night Shyamalan really has the most suspenseful movies out these days.

I'm glad Joaquin Phoenix is in the movie. He was great in Signs.

3. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

id certainly hope we dont get to see the monsters. the green grinches with tubes of fart gas comming out of their wrists in signs was enough.

4. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

Looks interesting and has a very solid cast but really have no idea what this movie is supposed to be about. I loved Sixth Sense and Unbreakable but am not a big fan of Signs.

5. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Saw this preview when I saw...I think Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It looked good then and it looks good now. And I agree with some of the others here, Signs certainly wasn't his best movie. Why would aliens invadea planet that's 2/3 covered by a substance that's toxic to them? Duh!

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

One of the best Trailers I have ever seen! I am very much looking forward to this movie.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I keep forgetting about this movie when I try to remember all the summer films I can see. But I think this should be a good one. Although many geeks are in the mode of "this is the summer BEFORE George Lucas f***s up the final Star Wars movie," we can actually look forward to Spiderman 2, Shrek 2, I Robot, The Village, uh....there are a lot of movies coming out and I can't remember all of them.

8. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

We have loved everything this guy has put out. I know that we wont miss it this summer.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Another movie that is under the radar this summer that will be coming out in August is "Collateral" which stars Tom Cruise and is directed by Michael Mann (director of Heat). It is about a hit man that is picked up by a cabbie (I think played by Jamie Foxx) and the cabbie drives him around all night while he does his hitman job. Mann is a brilliant director so I am really looking forward to this.

And for those of you that like fun cheesy Sci Fi dont forget about Alien vs Predator. ;)

10. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Tom Cruise is a tool but most of his movies are pretty damn good. Alien vs Predator is going to be a must see for me. I really hope they dont fork it up.