1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone just saw PTI?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JayGoogle, Mar 23, 2009.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is my first thread don't know if it is worty of a thread but...

LOL at the PTI guys.

Question was if the Rockets are a legitimate threat to get out the West...

Jay Mariotti said that we have no chance but give props to Aaron Brooks because he's been phenominal...He said phenominal...these guys are paid to be 'experts' on sports...if you haev no idea what the hell you're talking about don't talk about it...seriously.

The other guys all basically said we sucked and they even agreed we had no shot at making it past the first round. I forgot who but one said the Hornets,Utah,Denver,Portland are all better than us.

Woody said that the Hornets are the only threat to the Lakers...

Seriously these guys need to just take out NBA discussions that don't include the Heat/Lakers/Celts/Magic/Cavs because obviously these are the ONLY 5 teams they watch.

I'm sure none of them saw the game yesterday and were watching the tourney...yet they just go on and say ridiculous things like "Aaron Brooks has been phenominal"

I know the responses i'm going to get are "It's ESPN waht do you expect?"
    IDK really, but when I hear that Brooks comment...the first thing I thought was "He's a PROFESSIONAL sports analyst? Really?"

2. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

you mean around the horn not pti

3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

PTI is two guys, Michael Wilbon & Tony Kornheiser.

You were watching Around the Horn.

4. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Thanks for the heads up I missed it. I'll watch it again when it comes on again. But its not PTI its Around the Horn. PTI is next :)

5. killer instinct

Brooks.....yeah if they watched us they would know Lowry is the MAN and that AB can't get it to the teams best offensive threat worth a crap......what a joke all of it is.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah around the horn, but that mess is just silly.

I thought it couldn't get any lower then just randomly making up things like Brooks being phenominal.

7. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

they are morons thinking por,den, is better than us. 16-4 since mcgrady been out and playing one of the most difficult schedules in the league, and hold the second best record in the western conference...yet we have no chance of getting past the 1st round...makes alot of sense.

8. dero72

dero72 Member

just remember 1993/94...

Even though we started off the season with 20+ wins in a row...and had an amazing season...they didnt believe in us. They picked Phoenix to get back to the dance and finish the job....Even after we made it to the show, the media said that NYC would out-physical us...

you know, whatever.

Every single one of them suckers said we were DONE when Mcgrady went out...EVERY single one of them.

Screw em.

We're going to play in the Western Conference Finals.

1 person likes this.
  9. redao

redao Member

The 16-4 record speaks for Brooks who is nothing short of phenomenal.

10. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

Meh. Who cares what they say. As long as the Rockets fans believe, then it's all good babay babay~

11. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

12. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I hate guys like Hollinger because he is obsessed with Stats, but he is THE ONLY, I mean THE ONLY guy at ESPN who knows his NBA. Even Tim Legler said we probably aren't going to make the playoffs because of the devastating lost of Tmac.

13. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

Around the Horn is a bunch of gum-flapping dilettantes who regurgitate headlines and push the status quo like Sisyphus pushing a boulder. They prescribe to the line of thought that says a loud voice makes up for a lack of formal education. They can say whatever they want because no one will remember nor care.

The only person whose opinion matters an inkling on that entire ESPN afternoon talk lineup is Michael Wilbon's, because he's legitimately an NBA fan.

14. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Apparently you can't contend without a superstar (Kobe, Dwight, Lebron, Wade, Paul, Duncan) on your team. And, apparently, Yao and Artest are not superstar enough for them.

At least Tim Legler gave Yao huge props last night on NBA Fastbreak.

15. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

it was 15 in a row

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

He said it mis-spelled and everything?! :eek:

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Yeah they were just ridiculous. "Aaron Brooks has been phenomenol", okay I like Brooks but that is way off. You can tell just by the tone of their voice they don't even watch NBA basketball on a daily basis. I feel like I can analysis the current state x10 better, what they were saying was just gibberish. Then in end "we'll see if they can even win a game in the playoffs, a series", wow I know we have not gotten to the 2nd round but we have gotten close. and the Hornets are you serious Woody Paige you fat piece 0 sht, the same team that BAREELY beat the Grizzlies at home the other day. Hornets bench is just plain awful too, it's only because CP3 has been balling out of his mind but he can't carry them all through the playoffs.

18. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Your best bet is to stop watching this s#$t. The so called "experts" are just not able watch all 4 quarters of all 82 games for all 30 NBA teams. Plus the guys on those ESPN shows follow multiple sports, meaning they have even less time to follow the NBA. They're opinion should be of little value to you.

19. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Seems like you don't remember yourself. It was 15 wins in a row.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think the thing is how he just randomly say stuff that's not true or with no basis.

Like "Man Aaron Brooks has been Phenomenal! But they have no chance!" what? I love Brooks and all but come on now, Brooks sucked the whole game made some big plays at the end but he's been having problems as a starter and lets not say '16-4 with him as the starter' it's not all his record.

I mean I could just say something randomly about the Hornets and these guys are paid to do this...and to be experts and get away with just saying random stuff?

I know the whole "Why care?" attitude but this is a forum and i'm bored so i'm caring about it right now.
    Only one guy said something with logic "There are the Lakers and then everyone else" he's not trying to say some random thing and make it sound like a fact. Then whoever it was who named about 5 teams, better than us...lol.