1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone here use Homeowners of America

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LonghornFan, Apr 30, 2014.

1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

For your insurance needs on Home, Vehicles, etc? I have been with State Farm for over 20 years and I'm sick of their constant rate hikes. My home alone went up 18% for coverage this year. I switched to HoA through advice of well off friend and it worked. I ended up saving over 60 freaking percent for the same coverages I have through discount double check. I have done the research, it's no scam but for some reason they do not quote everyone. They denied a quote for another person in my office who lives in Baytown.

Just curious. I enjoy not getting butt raped but insurance companies. A lot.

2. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

HOAIC is very picky about where they write homes. For those that live in areas where they write, they're one of the best companies out there with amazing rates. Anyone who lives in Katy and/or parts of Richmond should give them a try. They write in some parts inside the loop, just not sure what exact zip codes.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I switch insurance companies regularly. I'm not sure why you wouldn't.
    I recently switched to a new insurance company, and despite the fact that I'd only been with them 3-6 months, they agreed to replace my roof after a hail storm... a lot of the damage was new, but a lot was old, too.

Switching keeps them on their toes rate wise.

Also, you can do a lot of this online now... homeowners, too.

4. LonghornFan

Thanks for the info. Rick!

I am inner loop, 77007. So glad I heard about this company.

5. platypus

platypus Member

That's my zipcode :eek:

6. LonghornFan

When evacuation to Katy happens we can carpool!

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I had roughly the same increases from SF. I'm starting the process of shopping. I'd rather have home and auto together and it would seem that HoA doesn't do auto. After 15 years with State Farm on my own and nearly 40 with my family, they were going to drop me without warning because of 2 minor accidents. They said they'd keep me as long as I have no claims for at least 2 years. I'm not a child that needs punishing. I'm a long time customer that's fixin to leave.

8. Classic

Classic Member

I am with Home Owners of America. They're a solid regional carrier. Smaller, less overhead, privately held and no TV commercials. That all helps.

They used to do auto but weren't successful rolling it out back in '09