1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone have radiant barrier on roof? Does it work?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by thephatp, Jun 27, 2012.

Tags:
  1. agslai

agslai Contributing Member

There are also some kind of foam contractors sell that does a good job for both winter and summer. I think it is call poly-something foam. Beaver Homes are using that kind of foam. They install in the attic and displayed 80 degree inside the attic.

2. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

Nice!

I have a friend that bought a new home in Austin last year, and he said one of the builders was advertising a foam and likewise had a display (glass showing through to attic) and temperature read 86 degrees, I think. Probably the same stuff. I'll see if I can get some more info on that as well.

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

EAS is always advertising and I would say is probably the most advertised of the radiant barrier companies out there. However, there are also a lot of complaint post-install reviews I have read regarding EAS. At one point, I was going to get an estimate from them until I read all the negativity and changed my mind. So, not sure what to believe regarding them. Some of that was who actually came out and did the work...like there were good crews and bad crews. But, we have one in this thread who likes them. I try to research who is doing the work and if I see a bunch of negativity on them...I thumb my nose and move on. lol

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Got the full spray insulation and a new unit inside/ outside and my monthly bill has dropped dramatically.

5. agslai

agslai Contributing Member

one more thing guys.....it is a TAX CREDIT, not a deduction.....

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Well, keep in mind my house was built last year so of course it has a brand new AC unit so I'm sure that has something to do with it as well.

It was an upgrade offered by my builder. They didn't call it radiant barrier, they called it TechShield or something like that. But it's basically the same thing. It's foil.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

If you're still looking, DON'T use ATX Roofing. Incompetent and unresponsive.

8. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

Thats just the brand name of radiant barrier that was used...it's good stuff.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm not, but thanks for the tip. :)-