1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone find that Trailblazers are less hateable than our usual playoff foes?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by drowsy12, Apr 26, 2014.

1. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

I hate Mo Williams... flopping and the Refs.... falling for that dhshhsj

2. Nick

Nick Member

Complaining about a coach/player complaining, and saying they should receive a T, is almost just as bad.

I'd rather the refs develop a thicker skin both ways... its the playoffs, they need to let some of the frustration/venting happen and don't compound the situation with a technical.

3. BleedRocketsRed

I can't ****ing stand them.

Lillard is a vag. Score-first inconsistent inefficient PG who plays zero defense and is not much of a playmaker. Most overrated player in the game by far.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I really don't hate any single player on the Blazers (yet). Nor do I hate their fans.

I do want to set the referees on fire constantly in this series, though.

Lillard is probably my #1 candidate to hate at the end of the series. He doesn't flop, but he gets mystical foul calls that always seem to come at key moments. He has assumed Harden's regular season role of getting all the benefit-of-the-doubt calls in the lane.

Whenever the Rockets are getting hacked on the other end, I find myself saying "if that was Lillard, he'd be at the line right now".

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

As Van Gundy pointed out last night, the refs had unusually thick skin. They could have T'd up Aldridge, Stotts, Mathews at several points, but they chose(?) not to acknowledge it.

I'm OK with that; as long as we get that as well (Beverley being T'd while walking to the scorer's table comes to mind).

1 person likes this.
  6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

JVG said it. This is a thread about Blazers hatred.

I would also there not be technicals, but it has been established after PatBevs tech you cannot complain or celebrate.

7. Clarinetmonster

Agreed - all those prayer shots going in an these guys acting like that's what they do everyday - really grates on me - they are not that good. Also got pissed when Matthews was whining when the refs FINALLY started calling his could on Harden.

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

100% truth I didn't read this post before I posted. We both said the EXACT same thing.

1 person likes this.
  9. Nick

Nick Member

Different refs and crews have different levels of tolerance. I hate the zero-tolerance policy... its impossible for these guys to not show emotion out there.

JVG was surprised... but I bet if you asked him, he'd rather they not call the tech's when players are simply showing emotion, or coaches are simply asking for explanations.

Also, if the Rockets were receiving technicals last night for complaining, while the Blazers weren't, I'd agree with you... they showed restraint for both sides.

10. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

No, I hate this team. Especially Lillard and Lopez.

11. jedicro

jedicro Member

Nope. It doesn't matter how "hateable" they are. If they're playing the Rockets in the Playoffs, I hate them.

That said, they seem like a cool group of guys.

12. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Member

I agree. Not anywhere close to the Jazz, Lakers, Mavs, Seattle, Phoenix playoff rivalries of the past. I excluded the Spurs 'cause for some reason they don't bother me as much.

13. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

The Blazers are just bland. No hate, no love. Just don't care one way or the other.

14. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

No I hate these guys. ....I want us to beat them down!

15. rurban

rurban Member

I like them.

I like Lillard and LMA. They are playing good ball.
    And the CNC story about the Houston woman who was saved by a Blazers trainer also helped.