1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone find that Trailblazers are less hateable than our usual playoff foes?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by drowsy12, Apr 26, 2014.

1. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Yes, I agree. I felt the same way about the Roy-Aldridge Blazers. I have no hatred - they're just a good team without any extremely outstanding d-bags.

Now, one thing that is really getting on my nerves is Matthews (and to a smaller extent Lillard) dramatically staggering around every screen set on him in an attempt to foul out Asik and Howard. But if that's the worst I can come up with they're not such a bad team.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

They are less hate-able for sure. They have no punks on their team and don't rely on cheap calls to win. Lillard and Aldridge just keep their mouths shut and go out and play.

3. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I soundly say hateable, but just annoying due to the refs giving LMA and Lillard almost every call. The NBA really wants to make Lillard into a NBA a superstar. And LMA is getting every shooting foul imaginable. I also find Mo Williams pretty annoying But it's mostly the refs that are making me annoyed with this series.

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

When you say usual playoff foes I think of Utah and Dallas.

And I hate those teams because the NBA screwed the Rockets on occasions against each of those.

Say what you will about LMA going ham against Houston - but if it wasn't for the officials Portland would more then likely not be in this series.

So the variable in all these examples is being screwed over - this year ticks that box and places the Blazers somewhere near the level of Utah and Dallas.

Going further - Matthews is a wannabe tough guy. Just watch how he acts when his team is in front VS when they lose.

Lillard. I don't know if it's because of what Bev said or not. But dude it's your second year in the League you aren't the Messiah. There's no need for you to carry on like you are. Heck - Tyreke Evans had just a good rookie campaign as you brah. Chillax.

The only reason they aren't on level pegging with Utah and Dallas is because I've been a fan of LMA and Stotts + they haven't been good enough to continue meeting Houston in the Playoffs.

5. Rockness

Rockness Member

Mo Williams is being the type you love to hate, because he plays physical and takes no crap + can step up at times. Matthews is physical but I don't blame him, it's the playoffs. The only reason I dislike either player, or any other for that matter, is when they act like they did not foul. Supposedly nothing is a foul on their part but at least they commit some hard fouls. I actually like their team a lot, they are ready for this and are tough.

6. Exiled

Exiled Member

They are a good team who deserve to win something someday..

I just hope it wont be on the expense of the rockets..

Only T-rob on that team who i don't like..

7. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

no.

I've hated Batum and Williams since the 1st quarter of Game 1 and every time Lillard and Aldridge score it makes my blood boil.

we've only played the Mavs that one time.

Portland and Houston have a nice little rivalry going.

we beat them 20 years ago when they had Clyde.

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They definitely aren't as hateable as the Lakers, Mavs, or Jazz. But the desire for a Rockets win isn't any less.

9. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Agreed. I can't stand the way the Blazers whine after EVERY call. Just shut up and play basketball. I love LaMarcus from his days as a horn, but he's a whiner and pushing off to clear space for his jumper and not getting called for it. I hope he misses his next 20 shots

10. Mr Chuck Norris

I hate all of those lucky ass shots that are falling.

Wright 3 pointer from His knees
    Aldridge has like 2 inches of space for his jumpers and he's hitting them like free throws
    Batum doesn't even set his feet when he shoots...
    Then all of a sudden we see Mo Williams yesterday.
    Oh than Lillard and 1 make me throw up my hands

They have been making impossible shots and we are missing wide open shots

11. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

It's not that they're hateable, but they bug the living hell out of me when they go through those stretches where they literally can't miss.

12. torocan

torocan Member

I harbor no ill will towards the Blazers. They're very similar to the Rockets. They're young, they play hard, and they're aggressive on offense and dodgy on defense.

The only thing that bugs me is when the reffing double standard comes in. Lillard gets far too many calls for his time in the NBA. LMA is fine, the guy is a serious vet and superstar, but Lillard gets calls like he's Durant or something.

As for Lillard's complaining to the refs, I really can't get too upset when Harden does the same thing. Working the refs is a time honored tradition.

13. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Lol. This is the opposite of what they do. Aldridge in particular thinks he's never committed a foul in his life or got fouled every time he misses.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

I thought our biggest foe this playoffs was McHale?

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The Blazers b**** nonstop. They are the whiniest team in the playoffs so far. There's a reason for ya.

16. DreamRoxCoogFan

Mo Williams receives my hatred. The rest are ok

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I for one do not have to hate them that much to know that it is hard to overcome their firepower.

Their resilience, good play has been noted and could cost Rockets some stamina.

18. scottie brooks

Mo Williams would disagree with you. The only player i despise on that team is Mo Williams. Also the refs on that team make it tough to win.

19. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Mo made my list last night. The 3 point flop and the flop against Daniels (although that's a vet taking advantage of a rookie).

20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The team and coach constantly complain about calls. Terry Stotts should have a technical from last night. Was crying like a b.