1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone find that Trailblazers are less hateable than our usual playoff foes?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by drowsy12, Apr 26, 2014.

1. infinite-loop

infinite-loop Member

I have to give Aldridge respect for his play... although I wish he would stop.

2. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Too premature you rook.

If we lose this series, you will add the Blazers to that list.

#learning

#62 dmenacela, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  3. sutton

sutton Member

cozs last time, we are the bully.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

LMA from 10-16 feet this season: 38.8% shooting
    LMA from 16+ feet this season: 44.2% shooting

His TS% is is only .507. That is really bad for a 6'11" big man.

He got lucky the first two games, and benefited from our bad defense by everybody except Asik. He's FAR from the best PF in the game today... Griffin and Love are both much better players, Duncan is STILL better at age 38, Nowitzki is still better at age 35. Even young gun Anthony Davis is better. Hell, I would probably even take "I'm a roleplayer now" Chris Bosh over LMA.

Regardless, the top PFs are something like this:

1. Love
    2. Griffin
    3. Davis
    4. Duncan
    5. Nowitzki

So as you can see LMA isn't even in the top 5 at this point.

5. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

LMA has a face that I'd love to punch. So does Lopez.

Lillard deserves to get body slammed to the ground on a few of his drives...make him think twice about coming into big boy territory.

Batum, the Notorious Nut Puncher, deserves a kick in the happy spot.

Mathews whines so much that Yao is thinking of calling his next range of wine 'The Wesley Collection.'

I'm an Aussie, so that Pommy Freeland is instantly on my dislike list.

Mo Williams has that perfectly round head, & a whiny cry baby look. Actually he looks like an Eskimo on crack. I like eskimo's, but I don't like him.

The coach drives me crazy with his new fangled X's & O's, calling plays and stuff...coach like a real man! Just tell 'em to play hard.

The Portland fans are obnoxious & stuck up.

And who calls their Arena the Rose Garden? How gay! Who named it, a hippie high on acid? Bill Walton?

So to answer your question: No, I don't find them less hateable. In fact Portland is close to Utah, so they're almost one in the same to me.

I hate any team that is playing my Rockets in the Playoffs. Always have & always will.

6. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Take it easy

7. JazzLakerHater

Yeah I really got nothing against them for the most part, but for some reason, I just really hate Batum. I can't put my finger to it, but he just pisses me off for some reason.

8. Remii

Remii Member

Love has more to work with on his team than LMA and he can't make the playoffs. Love can't even guard TJ. That dude plays no defense. Plus he's so fragile he's subject to bump into a wall and be out for two months.

Your list reeks of a bitter Rockets fan because LMA has been crushing us so I understand.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Nah I've always been down on LMA. I don't like guys who base their whole game around a mid range jumpshot and can't make >45% of them. That's an inefficient possession, and PER even overrates LMA in my opinion because he takes a high quantity of shots.

I also don't agree that Love has more to work with. That Minnesota team sucks balls.

P.S. LMA isn't a great defender either, he's not much better than Love.

10. Andrew Wiggins

I just hate their fans and dont like robin lopez.

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Racist ballboys?

12. Andrew Wiggins

Yea, he has been talking **** to harden all series long and you can tell it is phasing him.

13. Andrew Wiggins

Because the refs let them get away with a lot, especially in the first half of the first game. I want to see them call 1 tech, it is so unfair how our players cant do anything remotely close to what they do pr it is a tech.

14. Remii

Remii Member

Basketball isn't played on a calculator... You nerd percentage boys tickle me. Lol.

And not much better is still better and that's why Love doesn't make the playoffs. He has no D.

LMA makes his team better around him. Love doesn't do that because he has just as much collective talent on his team as LMA. Another reason he doesn't make the playoffs.

You can disagree all you want. But Love goes home early erry year and or he's hurt.. Dude is sofT.

15. Akkuron

Akkuron Member

Actually, no. I liked the Blazers' storyline throughout the year and before this series, they were easily among my favorite teams.

I picked Lillard for RoY before the 2012 draft.
    I wanted T-Rob to finally find success.
    I've been rooting for Aldridge for pretty much ever, cause he's an oh-so-rare actually skilled big that plays ball instead of the lumbering oafs that you see everywhere these days.
    I loved the story of Rolo getting a fair shot with a good team, emerging as a legit starter and proving he can get **** done instead of eternally being "Brook's brother."
    I love Batum's play at the 3 cause he's a complete player that can do pretty much anything.
    I like that Matthews is both bigger than the position he plays and skilled enough to leave no doubt that that's exactly where he should be playing.

In theory, the Blazers are a very likeable bunch.

This series, however, has made me salty as **** and the worst part is that it's not really their fault. They're doing what they can to win and take everything that goes their way.
    The main problem is that pretty much EVERYTHING has gone their way. EVERY. SINGLE. THING.

These games must be an absolute blast to watch for a neutral party, but as a Rockets fan they're making me furious. The Blazers are playing horrible basketball and winning because they're making ****ty shots at a high clip. Crappy pass to Dorrell Wright's feet, who has to pretty much bend over to pick it up off the ground, Lin is right there, hand in his face throughout the entire motion, pretty much excellent defense and the guy just throws it to the basket with no direct line of sight and IT GOES IN. That play made me wanna smash my TV and it seems like the majority of their shots are lesser versions of this. Random people pulling up from random spots. It doesn't matter if it's off the dribble, off a bad pass, with defenders in their face or whatever else. They just pull up AND MAKE THEM. Miracle shots all over the place while Parsons is bricking open jumpers (and now dunks) and Harden hesitates to take them.

I couldn't possibly imagine the Blazers having better games than they had in the first two. I couldn't possibly imagine us playing worse, with the exception of half a game of Dwight showing up. Those games still went down to the wire regardless. It makes me mad because we should be winning this series easily if even one of the 100 things that screwed us went slightly less wrong.

Think of it
    -Aldridge has career game
    -Lillard has career game
    -Harden's worst performance in months
    -Ditto Dwight
    -Absolutely ****ty refereeing (bad calls for both side, but the free throw count and the last play went to the Blazers)
    -Blazers' worst bench in the league goes off
    -Aldridge has career night, second game in a row
    -Harden's worst performance since the last one

...and we end up losing those 2 games by a combined difference of 3 possessions. THREE! Obviously you have to give credit to the Blazers for gameplanning effectively and you gotta blame us for not showing up, but it's pretty fair to say they had luck on their side as well. The games being so close with so much **** going wrong just kills me inside. I can't help but feel that we really should be winning with moderate ease. I really don't want a first round exit, especially against a team that's playing such ugly basketball.

**** them and their otherworldly luck.

16. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Cause we have not lost a playoff series to them....... Yet

17. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Just on the post regarding the Blazers making nearly every shot, our defense on LMA hasn't been that bad most of the time. With the exception of leaving him wide open, most of his makes have been turn around jumpers with a hand in the face. There is literally nothing you can do about that.

Hopefully he starts to cool down like he did in game 3 and if we manage to pester Lillard enough, we are in with a big chance.

18. dragician

dragician Member

cuz they got class.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I've been a part-time Blazers supporter for a long time and have always liked them except for the Jail-Blazers era. So, for me, they are definitely "less hateable" than most Rockets playoff foes.

But last night was a real turn-off because of how they barked after every single foul call, especially Wesley Matthews. It's like they felt entitled because of playing at home.

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Lillard is a punk b**** too. Cries about everything