1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone ever dated a depressed girl

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GreatOne1978, Feb 13, 2014.

Tags:
  1. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Just got out of a 5 month relationship with someone who was depressed. It was exhausting. She's a drinker too, who takes anti depressants and still gets drunk 2-3 times a week. I dont know how the eff she holds down a 40 hour full time job though?

I dont know where the hell to start to put my life back together

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

It was 5 months. Get over it.

I don't mean that in a malicious way.

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Chicas Locas AKA Michael's

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

this world is big. Seems like you've only seen the tip of the iceberg.

5. Anticope

Anticope Member

Was this your first relationship? If she had that many problems it couldn't have have been that great and had to be exhausting for you. My first real relationship lasted about six months and I felt horrible about it when we broke up but I can't even imagine still being with that girl. It's harder when you don't know anything else. I just got out of a 2-year relationship and I honestly couldn't be more excited.

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Oh ok! So you pull hoes now?

1 person likes this.
  7. conquistador#11

depressed girls are the best! that's until you start developing feelings for them.

8. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

No this wasn't my first relationship but both of us were moving really fast and both of us were on the same page and had common interests (church/sports)...granted we're different Im Christian/she's catholic, etc etc we root for differnt teams but like same sports. We were even tossing around marriage idea right around Christmas. I dont know wtf happened the new year arrived and everything went downhill.

9. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

We all bear responsibility for our own actions (and inaction). That goes for her and you. As long as you feel like you did everything you could've/should've, just let time and distance do the heavy lifting and you'll land on your feet.

If you think there's more you could have done, you should find a way to confront those feelings as soon as you feel like you're able to do so in a rational manner. Find someone to talk to about it, if you need to. And if there's still something you think you can do to help her, do it. Carrying around guilt never leads to anything positive, in all likelihood it will just lead to you becoming depressed yourself.

10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

EDIT.

#10 Mr. Brightside, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  11. AB423

AB423 Member

I know how you feel, I dated a girl who always did drugs and had a negative attitude. She was cool but seemed always depressed. Then I realized that she wasnt going anywhere and wasnt the girl for me.

12. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

I honestly feel I did everything I can do. I met her halfway. I just miss companionship. Things are going 100 miles per hour right now and feelings/emotions are clouding the judgement, this had serious long term potential and both of us were looking that way

13. Panda23

Panda23 Member

had a psycho girl, like insane psycho, i had no idea who she was and met her at a party, but apparently i looked like a spitting image of her ex, she'd call me at like 2am to come over and do her (this gets old quick) and soon enough she tried to rope me into some ponzie scheme and then fled to europe.

but i digress, OP it was 5 months, you'll be fine once you get back out there

14. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Just block out the negative vibes. Stay positive. Constantly try to put things in perspective. You ran over a speed bump.

#15 Fullcourt, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  16. Asian Sensation

Lol still gets me every time... Especially in this context.

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I'll tell you from experience. This relationship never had long term potential. Move on because you won't fix her.

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

Stay away.

Been down that road.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Don't waste your time trying to save anyone. You're supposed to be her boyfriend, not her licensed psychotherapist.

Dated a depressed girl for a few years in college. Tried to save her. Just made it worse.

Stay away. Find someone happy.

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wait there is such a thing as dating non-depressed girls? ;)