1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else worried about Foster's carries?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Sydeffect, Sep 14, 2014.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Arian Foster is on pace for a measly 440 rushing attempts this season. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; Dave Zangaro (@DZangaro) <a href="https://twitter.com/DZangaro/status/511302969145720832">September 14, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. TheresTheDagger

If we continue to build up 20+ point leads entering the 4th quarter and then pull him. No, not at all.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

He doesn't look broke down to me.

1 person likes this.
  4. conquistador#11

seems like the madden pervs in media have forgotten the true grit style. this is what great running backs do. for example, eric dickerson carried the ball a billion(406 atts) times and still had 3 great seasons after that.

*just remember to dispose future HOF running back as soon as he turns 29yrs and 6 months old

5. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

So he wasn't broke down last season..? Okay.

6. Bandwagoner

He looks broke down to you? Okay.

7. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

He was broke down LAST year. When did I say he was broke down now? He's clearly recovered. But all those rush attempts hurt him last year.

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

No not worried. BOB handled him the entire preseason and will continue to do so during the week with light practices and days off.

9. Indaface

Indaface Member

Highly doubt we will be in easy games all season like the first two so no not worried about them.

10. Bandwagoner

You are confusing broke down with injured. He had an injury, he got it sorted. Broke down means nothing left in the tank. His back had been a problem for a while before his surgery.

11. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Well I think we can agree it's not good to get this many carries every week. Foster looks great, and I'm happy. Not trying to be a downer, but the NFL is not kind to RBs who gets loads of carries

12. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

We are most likely going to cut him after this season so no, no I am not.

13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Exactly. He's a smart runner that knows how to avoid big hits. Hes got such good balance that he can contort sideways while running through gaps and usually angles himself well before big hits come.

Only thing I'm worried about is later on in the season if this team is good enough to make playoffs and he's worn down.

14. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, I know it is only two games, but I'm not sure if I'm more worried or optimistic about the lack of production/contribution from this year's draft class:
    Clowney - injured and out another month
    Sua-Filo - behind due to quarters system at UCLA. Might start if Jones is more injured than they let on during the game. Saw him on the turf twice today.
    Fiedorowicz - injured, will probably return here soon
    Nix - was injured, hasn't really contributed yet (inactive both games)
    Savage - developmental pick (inactive both games)
    Pagan - was injured, at least sees the field
    Blue - had the blocked punt, still finding his way on offense
    Prosch - starter, will contribute
    Hal - has at least seen the field
    Ballentine - cut

We're basically rolling out last year's squad with Fitz in place of Schaub. Imagine where this team will go if these guys step up and start contributing :grin::eek:

15. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Foster isn't a bruising back, he doesn't take big hits nor trucks peeps, and steps out a lot. His carries aren't like Lynch or AP, he's fine. Besides, he's a RB, you should run them into the ground before their contract.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

Wait for them to play games where they are falling behind, they won't be rushing as much.

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

two weeks in a row we have exhausted defenses with our run game, you could hear BoB in his miked up segment say "that's the formula"

run run run, then occasionally take a shot down field

18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

This is what I was noticing in the 2nd half. The carries were adding up but I wasn't seeing any big hits that made me worry.

19. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Foster has always been a bit of a unique runner. Coming from the Zone System he is pretty patient about waiting for gap to open up and zipping through it. Through theses two games he still seems to see the small holes and gets through them. After that he seems to get what he can quickly and get down before hard contact. He always gets the extra two or three yards by diving forward into a hole near the turf.

His 27 carries are not as punishing as 27 carries by a contact runner like Lynch. But I still think BOB played him too long yesterday. He could have been in the ice tub at the start of the 4th.

20. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Any chance Foster gets to 1900 yards rushing? He's actually on pace to go beyond that.