1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else not able to sleep last night?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by andyacecandy, May 3, 2014.

1. andyacecandy

andyacecandy Member

:(

Why do I care so much? I tossed and turned and couldn't stop thinking about the game last night as though I had played in it myself. All the mistakes magnified through the series, the poor coaching, the poor execution, the turnovers.

Then I just started getting depressed about how shi*ty our sports teams are between the Rockets, Texans, and Astros. And my Aggies are about to be irrelevant without Johnny and with a terrible defense.

I think I would legitimately shed an abnormal amount of joy tears should any of our teams actually win a championship.

2. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

I feel ya. Went to bed at 4:00 am and barely woke up. That shot touched me up severely

3. bmd

bmd Member

Don't worry too much, man. The Rockets were not going to get to the Finals anyway. This wasn't their year and it wasn't meant to be their year... by design. Even Morey said this team was basically a 2nd round team at best.

I know it sucks because of how it ended... I mean they were on their way to game 7. That was a devastating shot. I was so pumped when Parsons got the lead with 0.9 seconds. Then I was crushed when that 3 went in.

Think about how competitive that series was. The Rockets have nothing to be ashamed of and you should realize that this team is really really good. And think about how this team is going to get better in the off-season.

Now the fun begins. The Rockets are going to get players that they neglected to get this past year because they put all their chips in the middle of the table to get Dwight Howard. Now it's time to improve the rest of the roster.

In a way, I was looking forward to the Rockets getting eliminated so that they can get to work on building their real team. The teams that are going to be real contenders and not a bottom-feeder team who is being carried by 2 superstars.

4. bmd

bmd Member

Also, it could have been worse. You could have poo'd all over yourself when that shot went in.

So at least you didn't poo on yourself.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Had tickets to Game 7. I was pretty devastated and still am. Still can't believe they let Lillard get that much space. What a failure of a season...

6. andyacecandy

andyacecandy Member

I know we weren't legitimate title contenders but after watching the playoffs, I really think either POR or HOU could take Dallas/SA in the next round. Doubtful we'd beat Clippers/Warriors/Thunder but just to play in the Western Conference Finals would've been quite an achievement.

I'm so fu*king sick of the whole "wait till next year" statement. It's become the Houston Sports Motto for God's sake. Texans, wait till next year when we have a new coach and QB! Rockets wait till next year when we have a new coach and a swing player! Astros wait till next 5 years when our farm system develops!

UGHHHHHHHH

7. s.b713

s.b713 Member

I slept fine, i really thought this was going to go 7 games though. But it didn't have to come to this, glad we didn't get swept and our team put up a fight. I am mostly upset because its gonna be a long off season i hate these months coming up. I hope Dmorey addresses our coaching situation soon, we need a good Xs and Os coach, whether that be a new headcoach(SVG would be great) or an awesome assistant coach to make up for Mchales shortcomings.

8. moose

moose Member

couldn't sleep till about 3:30. woke up so sad.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

What if the texans get Johnny football? Would that make you happy?

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

im still so sad...

11. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Went to sleep late, got up early. Wonder why I couldn't sleep longer?

Nevertheless, yeah, we probably weren't going to win it all with all the holes we have, especially in coaching, but the way it ended was typical of the indications that they whole season had lead up to.

It was like poetic justice....sad, but justice for what lead up to the epic fail.

12. Rockets25

Rockets25 Member

No team in the West looks dominant right now so I thought the Rockets had a legitimate chance to make a deep run until the shot went in. I was tired though so falling asleep wasn't too difficult.

13. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I was up at 7 am or 8am...and typing which is unusual...i couldn't get over this bs last play. We're basically giving away too many games. This shyt series should ours i swear...if we play a little smart. Game #1 should be our if Harden show up and play a bit smart. Game #4 should be our if Lin just call a time out. The series should be over in 4-1 favoring Houston. We should not lose the first 2 home games...that's uncalled for. I just feel this team is a better team and we're losing because of stupidity...not lack of talent...that's what stink about it.

1 person likes this.
  14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I really should have stayed away from Social Media.

I didn't fall asleep until about 3 AM, and before that I was frustrated at the massive "Rip City" bandwagon going on in Portland.

Does anyone even understand what Rip City really means? lol.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Could not agree more.

16. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I slept like a baby.

17. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Couldn't sleep either.... Sat up venting on CF almost all night. Such a frustrating way to end the season. I'm with you man. Care too much

18. andyacecandy

andyacecandy Member

I stayed up playing NBA 2k14... until this happened

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  19. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Went to bed at 3 am still in shock.

Woke up at 8 am pissed.

It's 9:30 now in SF Bay Area and I'm even more pissed.

20. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

That final play just kept replaying in my mind. I must have gone over it 100 times.