1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else love Chipotle?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hardy Toll Road, Aug 8, 2019.

1. dmoneybangbang

I love Chipotle, but hate getting those blood strains out my underwear!

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Never understood the importance of fermented cabbage but Gojujang works in fusion.

peleincubus and dmoneybangbang like this.
  3. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Chipotle wrecks me far worse than Taco Bell.

#23 arkoe, Dec 23, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
  4. Buck Turgidson

Of the gringo burrito spots in Houston, as I remember, I'd rank:

Freebirds
    Mission
    Chipotle

5. Roscoe Arbuckle

My son is a HUGE fan of the big burrito. Didn't have any where he lived, so we did a battle with them a few years ago.

It was:

Freebirds
    Uberrito
    Chipotle
    Bullritos

Blake likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Agree on Freebirds and Bullrito being way better than Chipotle. The few times I agree to take out from Chipotle I feel queasy as I still think they use poor food handling and sanitation practices there. I also think Freebirds has better more and better choices of everything including tortillas.

But if "fast" isn't the key factor in choosing where to go, I prefer going to just about any true Mexican restaurant to get a burrito (to pick up).

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Never understood the ******** yourself jokes. Unless you are lactose intolerant or something and continue to shovel sour cream and cheese down your gullet.

Chipotle is good for a quick, basic, standard meal. Particularly in states that have **** Mexican food (i.e. where they started and where I live). Usually just go with the bowl option if I ever eat there.

For our regional burrito places, I'd go
    1) Illegal Pete's
    2) Chipotle

3) Qdoba

Qdoba is absolutely rancid, just thinking of their food makes me want to vomit

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I never ate at Qdoba, but at one point they were owned by Jack-in-the-Box, so... But anyway, I didn't know they were that bad. I always thought they were a competitor to Chipotle from how I heard them described. Yeah, I also don't get the Chipotle hate -- well, other than the food poisoning stuff (lol). I really never equated them with Del Taco or Taco Bell. The few times I've eaten there (and it's been a few years), they've been pretty good.

rhino17 likes this.
  9. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

@MRS_KILLATRON2000 and I like Chipotle, but we've been trying to eat healthier lately. So, instead of a burrito we've been getting poke bowls (with greens, no rice). It's fun building new combos each time. So much more options than a burrito joint. Our neighborhood spot is Hawa Poke on West @ Beltway 8.

MRS_KILLATRON2000 likes this.
  10. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

BD's Mongolian in Denver is the only "point at what you want on it" place where I went in, picked some stuff, took a couple of bites and walked back out. Not sure if I had a @Surfguy type of moment where I just picked a bad mix of stuff or if that place just sucked / I caught them on a bad day.

rhino17 likes this.
  11. Asian Sensation

Love the concept, food tastes pretty good but I can’t do it. It gives me explosive diarrhea. I tried different combinations and even eliminated everything except for steak or chicken and romaine and still a nope.

12. Asian Sensation

Just checked the price of Chipotle stock.

:eek::eek::eek:

I was expecting around $200 or so

Hope you bought some around the time you made your post.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. Sad thing is it closed at around $814 the day he posted that over 2 years ago. Then it crashed again during COVID shutdowns to $415'ish last year. It's at $1748 now. I decided I didn't want any part of it back around 2013 when it hit $300+. Smh. :D

Asian Sensation likes this.