1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else excited to see Kyle return to a 6th man role?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OremLK, Apr 5, 2012.

Tags:
  1. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't believe that he will be in good enough shape to start again this season, or probably in the playoffs. (Plus, if we get to the playoffs McHale probably won't want to mess with a good thing at that point.) But it sounds more and more optimistic that he will at least play again this season, so it seems likely he can come off the bench as our 6th man again.

I personally think Kyle is amazing in a change of pace role. If he doesn't mind coming off the bench to finish out the season, I think he will transform it into something that can demolish other teams' benches. He could make the difference between a first round exit and advancing in the playoffs.

1 person likes this.
  2. HombreDeHierro

agreed. I was beginning to miss the days when he would come in and play balls out on both ends of the floor

it seemed like after a while the starting spot gassed him and his decision making suffered

3. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

excited to see him return.

that is all.

4. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Has it already been stated that he's cleared to play?

5. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

No doubt, Bench Corps Leader Lowry was my easily my favorite player/niche role combination in years.

6. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

He's a beast in either role. Just get him on the court.

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

He has lost 15 pounds, that scares me. One thing Kyle could do was out muscle people even for his small size. He won't be as much of a bowling ball. Anyways if we can have him and Martin back playing in the 2nd group we'd have the best bench in the NBA.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I doubt he returns for the first round of the playoffs. Too much weightless and inactivity. It takes players months to get back in shape for the regular season.

9. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Having him suited up and ready to play significantly helps the team, regardless of the role he is in.

I just can't wait to see him get on the court.

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

He practiced yesterday and apparently looked really good. Seems much more confident that he can return this season.

11. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Top 10 point guards don't come off the bench!

As great as Dragic is, look at our record with him starting compared to Lowry

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

How many times do people have to tell you this, it's not Lowry versus Dragic, It's Lowry/Dragic versus Dragic/third stringer.

Anyway, that's besides the point... Lowry's conditioning won't be able to handle starter minutes.

13. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I understand maybe him coming off the bench until he fully recovers, but once he's fully recovered he needs to start!

14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He should do that, to preserve his condition and improve upon it.

15. Asian Sensation

This.

1 person likes this.
  16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He was just resting. There's no rehab or healing of muscle or joints involved. It's just an endurance issue he's got to overcome and he can do that in weeks.

As for the pounds lost someone mentioned...most of the weight lost will be due to the drop in calories, but his body will still be starving for them, so once he starts eating solids, which he psurely has by now, it won't be that hard to gain the weight and muscle back.

Remember he was only out for 3 weeks. His muscle mass and endurance won't completely self destruct in that time, mostly he just needs some juice to power it back up.

#16 RV6, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  17. rocketkid713

rocketkid713 Member

he lost some pounds, i really how hes speed is now ;)

18. rocketkid713

rocketkid713 Member

* i really want to see

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He was at his best off the bench - and a lot of guys loved playing with him, he ran a lot more when he was off the bench and pushed the action.

Morey wanted him to try to do that all game, which is a hard thing to do, but Goran has been doing exactly that.

I like Goran starting, Lowry relieving, and probably both finishing.

DD

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

True, Dragic as the back up was better than what we have now as a back up, but don't let his play as a starter make you forget how he played as a back up.

Dec - Feb Dragic was not shooting the ball with this kind of confidence and efficiency.

That being said ,I agree Dragic has to be the starter the rest of the way with how little time is left.