1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else excited for the Astros? (Version 4.0)

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by roxxfan, Apr 2, 2015.

1. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

Well hell might as well....

2. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

3. msn

msn Member

Yes. Yes, I am.

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Damn straight I am

I was at a low heading in 2012, there were games that season where I actually didn't know who some of the players were. To some that might not seem like a big deal, but I've followed the team very closely since 1994, so if I wasn't that interested I could only imagine how most fans felt about the team.

Heading in 2013, and every year since my excitement has been growing a little higher every season. It's been a long painful rebuild, but I can see light at the end of the tunnel. I actually think playoff contention is possible, although not likely. Like a proud parent watching his kids who have grown up in the minors finally being exposed to the world will make it that much sweeter.

5. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

i got MLB Extra Innings last year and probably watched 70% of the games.
    I was entertained then, and since the team legitimately seems better, I have hope for another entertaining season.

6. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

I'm more excited than most. I don't think most people realize how much power is down in baseball, and how much we are the exception to that

We aren't gonna run away with anything, but I'll be really surprised if we aren't at least on the edge of contention as we hit August

7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Excited for many reasons. Excited that our lineup seems much more solid. Excited to hopefully see a full season of George Springer and what he can do. Excited to see Altuve continue what he did last year. Excited to see some of these new pitchers that broke out last year (Keuchel and McHugh). Excited to see some of the new blood.

But more than anything, excited to SEE anything. Haven't been able to watch for two years because of the stupid CSN Houston stuff. Nothing stopping me now and I fully intend to catch most of the games this season.

8. Poloshirtbandit

Sure, why not?

9. the shark

the shark Member

It will be interesting to see how some of their young guys progress.

Also hoping that guys like Keuchel & McHugh can have another solid season.

Not a good sign that Singleton still can't hit major league pitching.

10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'm excited to see Keuchel and McHugh to see if last season wasn't a fluke.

I'm excited to see Woj. His spring stats look like what he did pre-injury in AA, but against MLB and near MLB bats.

Gattis has had huge first halves of the season in 2013 and 2014 with the issue possibly be him wearing down behind plate. If it was just wear and tear, Gattis could be a top 10 hitter this season without playing much catcher.

OF defense should be tremendous most games.

Might not happen, but there is a chance to see Correa and/or Appel later this year.

While the Astros have a chance to compete, I expect this will be the last year for a while that they don't.

11. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

That real bullpen tho...

Extremely excited. Bought a 28 game pack as well!

12. DaChamp

DaChamp Member

As a DirecTV guy, it will be nice to see any game I want to watch for the first time since . . . the 2012 season?

And my 5 year old is happy to watch Altuve and Carter. So we have players with name recognition, which we didn't really have 2 years ago.

13. PhiSlammaJamma

I was exited for a long time. but add the "C" at SS and I'm excited.

14. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I took the over for wins at 76.

I took the Stros at +5000 to win the pennant.

After seriously considering taking Altuve with my first pick at number 5, I was happy to get him with my second pick at 15.

I named my fantasy team, "3 Men and an Altuve".

Yeah, pretty excited!

2 people like this.
  15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Yes, I'm excited, especially about the offense. I can't wait to see how Springer does with hopefully a full healthy season. Gattis, Lowrie and Rasmus should all be positive additions, also.

I'm expecting our starting pitching to be somewhat of an issue. Really wish we could have nabbed a starter during the offseason.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Definitely didn't expect my interest to be ramped up in-part due to the "mediocre-by-design" plan. I know I'm in the minority, and this is definitely a biased forum that does not represent Houston at all... but its also nice to be able to stick with somebody through the harshest times, as the victory will be that much sweeter.

Admittedly, I've been short-sighted and inpatient with this regime's actions/arrogance at certain times... but at the same time fascinated by their persistence in carrying out their vision.

17. Major

Major Member

This is kind of where I am, especially with the new 5 WC system that seems to put a lot of teams in contention. I've been on the "you're crazy if you think we'll lose less than 100 games" bandwagon for the last many years - I felt like we were legitimately terrible. But they made a leap last year, and if the 2nd half wasn't a fluke, all the improvement this offseason has them with at least a chance to make things interesting in Aug/Sep.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

They no longer play baseball, having been moved to the AL so the owner could line his pockets. The AL doesn't play baseball. They use an abomination called "the designated hitter," which makes it something else entirely, in my humble opinion. So no, I'm not excited.

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Can not wait!

Can't wait to see new club level at MMP

Can't wait to see Springer for a full season

Can't wait to head to the ballpark with the fam!!!

20. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Sure. Love goin to stros games too, its just so much more chill. There's no stress if they win or lose cause well....there's like a lot of games and stuff....so you just enjoy ; )