1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else an Emusic.com member?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CrazyDave, Oct 12, 2010.

Tags:
  1. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I am, and so far though it is reminiscent of Columbia or BMG, I like the selection for the most part and have enjoyed being a member as the pricing has been pretty good on quite a bit of music that I like.

Any other members get the notice about the coming change in the way music is priced? What are your thoughts about it, if so (knowing we won't see the devil in the details until November)? Will you be considering cancellation of your subscription?

2. droxford

droxford Member

pay?

for music?

3. CrazyDave

Yeah, I know, crazy, right?

Yes... I tend to pay for things that others create/own that I'd like to collect or own. I realize this is hard for some to understand, but thought perhaps someone else might do the same and have an opinion on the coming changes there.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I have had a couple of free trials due to various products I bought. I am no longer a member, but it was O.K., but not quite the selection that appeals to me. I find most of what I look for on iTunes. Kudos for paying for music. There are some of us that do.

5. CrazyDave

yeah, I agree on itunes, but until now, emusic has had better pricing, in general. We'll see after the change, i guess.

I figured it wouldn't be a long list, but thought SOME people would also be members. Oh well.

6. Beck

Beck Contributing Member

I've used a free trial and though the price was good, I did not care for the selection. I tend to download bootlegs and live concerts, but still pay for the studio and officially released stuff. So many of the bands I like now haven't hit a big payday yet, so I hate to rip them off.

7. CrazyDave

I agree, but for me it's hit or miss. They have a lot, and I don't have a problem finding something I want each month, so I look forward to it. They are also adding 250,000 tracks from Universal Music Group next month, so we'll see what that does. They add stuff every month, so, like I said, so far hasn't been hard finding things that have made it worth it to me.

My big question is how this new pricing structure will affect my view of that. My guess is, adversely, but since they are adding so much to the catalog... I dunno. Just wondered what others thought, since it would appear that it's a big change.