1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

anyone drive a diesel truck? Your thoughts on deleting?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by vaioavan63, Jun 26, 2015.

1. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

I have a '15 Ram 2500 With 7,600 miles that i just deleted. Ever since I drove it off the lot, I was concerned about the EPA junk attached to these trucks. I made sure not to idle. And I drove it like I stole it occasionally just to help my motor breathe. These trucks don't like idling and stop and go traffic. They get clogged up. Wow what a difference after getting rid of all that junk.

2. Buck Turgidson

Huhh?

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Normal idling in traffic shouldn't be a problem, extensive idling is bad, deleting the emissions control is against the law, you're probably aware of this. It should help your motor to breathe and run better, just don't get caught.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Try ctrl alt delete your truck instead

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Thanks for polluting my air just so your engine can breathe better. Why the hell do you need a 2500 when you live in the city with stop and go traffic?

6. bigdaddy

Supporting Member

Is your koolaid sugar free, or do you splurge and use organic sugar?

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Are you more hat than cattle?

8. bigdaddy

Supporting Member

Explain how choking a motor down to where it has to burn more fuel to operate is better for our environment. You live in an industrial city filled with workers that have a need for trucks to do their work in order to make this city what it is. I see your argument and I stepped out of line with the koolaid remark, I do believe we have to take care of the environment, but the regulations put on engine manufacturers has caused more harm than good. Although deleting emissions is against the law, it does make for a more efficient engine.

9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Its fine for those who actually need the power. However the reality is most owners are only compensating for other areas in which they lack. I want to kick these people in their nuts.

10. bigdaddy

Supporting Member

Are you in the corner for taxing larger vehicles beyond the normal state and federal taxes that exist?

11. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

I don't understand how anyone can want a truck. I mean, I get it if you actually use it for your job, but why else have one?

12. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

If you are having trouble idling... It is another issue... Also you are a selfish person.

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

edit....just saw a vid of a deleted diesel engine

Yeah it's pretty douchey

Make sure you get testicles hanging from the back of your truck if you do this

#14 robbie380, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

My Colorado is neat doe. I can haul stuff. I don't use it for my job but I get like 25 mpg which ain't all that bad. Ended up choosing it over a WRX because it was more practical and would have lower gas cost.

As for those huge trucks like in the OP, I always just assume they're farmers of some sort and have to drag around a bunch of heavy stuff often. I doubt many people buy those to commute to their 8-5 job downtown.

16. conquistador#11

unfortunately i have a neighbor with one of these, only he jacks it up with even bigger tires, like those freaks from mad max's dystopian future. They end up blocking the sidewalk where I walk my dog. then, when I cut through their driveway so I won't touch the dangerous blvd., he gets angry at me.

17. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

OP, please ignore the the Kia and Hyundai owners. How you could be a man in TX and NOT want or own a truck is beyond me.

18. The Law

The Law Member

I tried to pull my 11,000 thousand pound boat with a Prius and decided it was probably best to stick with my truck.

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I don't think anyone here has an issue with folks owning a truck

20. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

You're probably right for the most part.