1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

anyone bothered with t-mac not coming back to the games?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rlmjdime, Dec 20, 2007.

1. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

It is one thing to be hurt badly and not come back to cheer on your team. But even something like his knee, he never comes back from the locker room. You never see him on the sideline cheering on his teammates. I have been a huge T-mac fan for a long time, but it is things like this that bother the hell out of me. Anyone else notice this at all?

2. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

That's stupid. No offense.

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

4. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

It doesn't bother me at all. I'm bothered by tons of basketball things, but not this.

5. xht2040533

xht2040533 New Member

Trade him.He is boring.

6. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

I am 100% sure there is something wrong.. he can't just suddenly become a total A$$hole for no reason.. he really needs to stop playing mind games and say what's wrong, and then we go from there..

it's not early anymore..

7. harvxw

harvxw Member

I have no doubt for Tracy want to get a Champion finger ring in Houston. But I think he really don't know how to do this. This season, we have not fast break points, no tough def. I have to say, rockets baskball is very ugly. And I also want to say, I still love rockets.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Well, Word on the street was that he was hiding Francis's jersey

Rocket River

9. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Let's face it, Tracy McGrady is going to be what Randy Moss was to the Vikings, Jeff Kent was to the Astros, and Jaromir Jagr was to the Capitals. You admire their talent, but you just can't fully embrace them because there's that **something** that's missing, whether it be heart, personality, etc. He can amaze you with his talent, and can occasionally inspire you with his play, but he'll never completely win you over.

All that changes if he shows the kind of passion and heart that Wade, Bryant, and others have shown- IN THE PLAYOFFS. We as Houston Rockets fans have had players who have specifically had some of the more memorable, hardest-working post-seasons in basketball history, including Moses Malone in 1981, Vernon Maxwell in 1994, and Olajuwon in 1995. We have seen first-hand what true heart is. And while McGrady has shown flashes of it, he's been more of a Randy Moss without the attitude for the majority of his career.

BTW, he's one of my 5 favorite players, so this is not a T-Mac bashing opinion, just an opinion from someone who wishes he would give the long-suffering fans of Houston a little more.

10. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

As it may seem stupid to you, I know the times I have been a team, I would go out there and show my support if I were injured. While Lebron was hurt, he was out there with his team. When Mac gets injured he just disappears. If he really cared about winning he would be out there regardless. I just think it shows ME that when he is not in the game he doesn't care as much.

11. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Completely agree. I just hope he does something to shut me up. Then I'll be happy. This team depends on it.

12. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

I take it back. He is at the game. Good to see.

13. MaxwellsTemper

14. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

He just said yesterday after the loss that he was gonna travel with the team.. I don't like Tmac as much as I used to, but now we're just finding out ways to bash on him without a purpose.

15. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

I wasn't looking for a way to bash him. It just bothered me that I THOUGHT he didn't care enough to support his team when he wasn't in the game. I like T-mac, and I will as long as he remains a rocket. With all of the parody on this site, it is hard not to buy in to some of McGrady wanting out.

16. yaorta

yaorta Member

i used to be a fan of his turn around, his sleepy eyes, his fast first step, his dunk over Bradley, his 35 sec, his "we'll be back", but i can't bear he's becoming she

17. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

nice sweater tracy.

18. dgrkl

dgrkl Member

he is just not like man

19. Rowdie Brandon

no................in some ways I think he brings the team energy down and he also hogs the ball too much.................

20. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

i've tried bringing this up before and got flamed for it. but i agree.

not that he's ever going to or has to...but imagine the morale boost he'd give the guys if he was on the bench cheering like Deke.