1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Anyone Believe The 9/11 Attacks Were An Inside Job?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BigMaloe, Jul 22, 2012.

?

Do You Believe 9/11 Was An Inside Job?

1. Yes

14.6%
  2. No

85.4%
  1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I'm guessing you are also a Ron Paul supporter.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

No kidding...

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

For the sake of fun...was flight 93 just a part of the setup as well?

Also, you do know that a 767-200 is about 15 times heavier than a b-25, right? We are talking 300,000+lbs v 20,000 lbs. You do understand that a 300,000 lb object conveys a ****load more force than 20,000 lb object. You also know that a 767 can go twice as fast as a b-25, right?

Hmmmm a ****load more mass moving at a much higher velocity caused a ton more damage....go figure?:eek:

4. dmc89

dmc89 Member

My thoughts exactly. Personally I think 9/11 would've happened anyway, but the 'front door was intentionally left unlocked' by a tiny number of individuals at the very top of the Bush admin (though not W. himself) along with some in the military industrial complex to guarantee whatever AQ did would be a success.

In real life, no explosives or anything involving hundreds of people to coordinate was used: it was just Muslim extremists using airplanes to create terror. Conspiracies never work when many participate because someone always talks. Instead, a select few at the very top of the intelligence pyramid/pipeline suppressed ground reports of AQ planning something big in late 2001 thus ensuring the terrorists a greater chance of success. This was before the major reshuffling of the intelligence community after the event occurred so back then, a small group of people was all that was needed to keep a tight lid on an impending attack.

People who agree with the ideas of Project for the New American Century knew Islamic extremism was a persistent and real threat to Americans. The PNAC said a new Pearl Harbor was the bitter medicine America needed to rally its citizens and usher in a new era - which World War II did for us in the past. If 9/11 had not happened, extremists would've tried something else to hurt us, and the same group of people would've done their best not to warn us.

Still, I'm just not sure anymore, and it's too late to discuss this. Not to sound too dorky, but rarely do the thoughts and misgivings of common people have any role in the 'game of thrones'. Even as a celebrity, if you say what I've said out loud, you'll be sidelined as a conspiracy nut. False flag operations have been extensively used in the 20th century by the US and before by other powers, and anyone naive enough to think it couldn't happen from a "c'mon a government would never do that... " should read about them.

Maybe it happened exactly as FOX News and CNN said. But if it didn't, and you suspect something other than what 99% of the country believes, how does that change anything for you? You could be someone as powerful as a senator and you'd get laughed out of Congress. This is how history works, and it took me a while before I was comfortable saying I was an agnostic about the 9/11 conspiracy issue.

Note: I'm not a Ron Paul supporter, don't listen to Alex Jones, and not a Tea Party member.

5. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

"It is suffice to say that the public will not be sufficiently outraged without that plane crash in the middle of ****ing nowhere."
    -quote from a brilliant Rolling Stones article on this lunacy.

6. ILoveTheRockets

I do not believe 9/11 was a inside job.

However, if it was.

You would need to first ask why the insurance policy on the world trade towers was pulled the day before the attacks happened. If you can travel down that rabbit hole and find the answers, then you'll be getting somewhere. Other than that, you won't be happy with the ending of your research.

7. Classic

Classic Member

Link?

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

lol I'd like to see the proof of this.

I'm guessing you also believe that terrorist bought puts on AMR and UAL ahead of the attacks too.

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

ILoveTheRockets-the canned response is not that the insurance policy was "pulled", it was that it was renegotiated and signed just days before the collapse and therefore benefiting the policy holder.

you are combining two of the prevalent theories amongst the 9/11 truther community, Larry Silverstein tied to both.

it was Tower 7 that was "pulled" according to the theory, based on an interview with Silverstein days after the attack when he used the phrase 'pull it', suggesting they were involve with a controlled demo of WTC 7- which then opens up the next theory suggesting WTC 1 & 2 were also controlled demos.

that's the extent of any 'research' that's been done in some time now. and I don't believe any of the above theories as true. reading websites makes one NOT a researcher.

the problem once you believe one, you will go as far as suggesting that the Pentagon was never struck by an airplane and that Flight 93 didnt really crash in Shanksville or that 19 terrorists didn't even board airplanes and hijack/crash them.

although I do think dmc89's response is probably the most reasonable.

did the Bush administration orchestrate 9/11?

no.

but did they have prior knowledge a plan like this was being hatched and they could have done more?

absolutely.

9/11 was a complete intelligence FAIL on the part of the US.

10. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I don't think it was an "inside job" in the sense that Bush, the neo-cons or the Israelis etc-- all folks who want us to be consumed with attacking Iraq, Iran and others on behalf of the everlasting "global war on terrorism"-- planned it or knowingly allowed it to happen.

They sure took advantage of the chance to scare people and lie to them about wmd etc.

Even if it was an "inside job" there is no good reason to spend too much brain power on it. One, it at this point very unlikely it can be proved. and Two, there are more obvious out in the open "conspiracies" to consider. E.G. the Kochs and a few other billionaires successfully having a thirty year campaign to basically buy our politicians and the the S.Ct allowing them to transfer trillions from the middle class to the upper .1%.. The bought politicians supported by a deliberately and shrewdly misinformed public also allows the same crowd to start wars, pollute or whatever else they want, without the need to do things like staging a 9/11 to scare people into doing their bidding.

#30 glynch, Jul 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  11. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Oh so you watched Loose Change once?

[​IMG]

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I was really hoping that bigmaloe would respond to my points about the weight of the planes...Oh well.

13. Buck Turgidson

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WBWxX3713gc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

smh

what.ever.

15. barnsleyfan123

I'm with OP. Definitely believe it was an inside job.
    To OP: you're not gonna convince anyone else though, people need to look into it for themselves.

16. TheresTheDagger

Didn't Popular Mechanics basically put all the conspiracy notions to rest years ago?

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Hey can you direct me to some info that talks about the points that I made to counter the OP's points about a B-25 slamming into the Empire State building but not destroying the Empire State building. I'm really kind of curious how people just explain away the destructive force of a 300,000 lb object going 500 mph.

18. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

They don't.... as seen in figure A.

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

From a scientific and engineering perspective, yes, but there is a certain psychological pull for certain people thinking they're more clever than "all the brainwashed sheeple around us!!1!" that conspiracy theories will always be a good draw.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military/news/1227842

It's turned into a book as well, for those interested. But, you know, "people will have to look into this for themselves," meaning cherry pick which tidbits of engineering fact can support the idea of an inside job, I guess, while ignoring the greater whole of data which suggests that none of the conspiracy theories can hold water. :)

20. ILoveTheRockets

Fair enough, but it's still fishy as hell to the timing of everything. And with the unusual shut down of WTC for dogs to inspect the building before opening for business... it's just to fishy. Nothing adds up from the policy ordeal, to the morning of the attacks.