1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone been to Thailand?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roscoe Arbuckle, Jul 29, 2020.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Hell, I have seen that in a strip club in Atlanta.:D

#41 jiggyfly, Jul 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    IBTL likes this.
  2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

you moving to thailand would be the best thing to happen to clutchfans in years...it would be a never-ending supply of five-star threads!

im just worried that thailand couldnt handle you.

ive never seriously considered it, but ive thought about how i could rent out my house, move to mexico and live like a king off the rental income. maybe even dine with wealthy mexican industrialists.

AroundTheWorld, jiggyfly and boomboom like this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

5. Buck Turgidson

Normally I wear protection, but then I thought, “When am I gonna make it back to Haiti?” -- Bad Idea Jeans

6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

This keeps coming up here I suppose it is because many of us are getting older.

The question is which 3rd world country is the least 3rd world? With internet and pizza being more widely available the homesick part is more manageable. I remember getting days old usa today..no internet. Letter writing took weeks each way and now a lost art. As is penmanship.

The trick here is that all the good places are still unknown.

It is a crying shame that mexico is such a shi*thole for crime as that would be the obvious place.

If you are looking to do se asia the 'new' place is vietnam. Cheaper than thailand, safer etc

Personally Im thinking more and more about the south pacific.

Not only is it 17 -19 hour time difference but it is the type of serenity and removal from.

Has anyone been to tunisia? It seems to be the most stable / normal in that area that might be cheap? Even then tahiti / fiji wins.

7. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

They are very good at covering up the terrorist insurgency in Thailand. I would not wander south of Phuket. I believe one year Thailand had the 3rd most IEDs in the world... yet you rarely hear about it.

I would rather live in Singapore or even Kuala Lumpur over Bangkok.

8. Roscoe Arbuckle

Singapore is crazy expensive.