1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anybody with paranormal encounters?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by htwnbandit, Mar 27, 2014.

1. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

The other thread got me thinking if any of the Clutchfans members have ever encountered anything paranormal (ghosts, smells, sounds).

I've never personally seen/heard/smelled anything, but I know my mom heard a baby crying at a hotel in Guanajuato, Mexico. We heard from a man in a nearby store that a kid drowned in the pool which was right near our room :eek: The shower also turned on by itself when we were about to leave (very little). This was back in '08.

My grandma saw a shadow ghost when playing in a graveyard when she was very young. She also saw a shadow in her bedroom at her old house, and thought it was my grandpa and was like "what do you want now" and went back to sleep? The next night she asked him and my dad to stand by the wall and see how their shadows reflected. Neither matched what she saw the night before. This was sometime in the early-mid 1980s.

My uncle, when travelling in a very secluded area between the Sierra Madre Mountains in northern Mexico near the small town of Calabasillas, in the state of Tamaulipas. He and his friend saw a fireball run along the mountains, right along the outline of it. It made a whistling sound, and then disappeared. This was in 1981.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Mexican people always see scary ****. I don't believe it. Only paranormal I experienced is when I was 7 yrs old getting reading for school with my big sis when suddenly from the kitchen I heard a spoon hit a plate multiple times. I ran the **** out. End of story.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The more educated a person is the less likely they are to report experiences with ghosts and what not.

4. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Paranormal counters? Yep.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Man, one time I was about to go down on this chick and I think I had one of those. Never her called back!

6. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I saw a ghost once.

I had a cat who got hit by a car when I was a kid, 4th grade. About 2 or 3 months after the cat was killed my friend and I were in my room playing Mario Cart (SNS) with my bedroom door open. While we are playing I see my cat run across the doorway down the hall. It was strange, the front part of the cat (head, paws) were plain as day, but it was more and more translucent as it got to the end of the tail, such that you could not make anything out beyond a blur past the hind legs.

As soon as I see it I froze but didn't say anything. My friend was frozen too. He tells me "did I just see your cat run down the hall" "Yeah" I say. "Isn't your cat dead" he says. "yeah" I say.

We searched the house to see if a similar looking cat may have just run into the house -- but nope.

Ghost cat. No fooling. I'm actually a very atheistic and cynical person, and, if I would not have seen that as a kid, I would definitely not believe in ghosts.

7. danoman

Dude your Sig! Are you seriously being honest?

8. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

yes i have had paranormal experiences

9. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

My sig? Yeah, Isiah Thomas really did say that. A reporter asked him a question (I think about trade speculation), and that is how he answered them.

Or do you mean the ghost cat story? Yeah, I am 100% being honest.

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Ghosts don't exist. You watch too many horror movies or you have a good imagination. :eek:

11. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Yes I made a thread about it awhile back

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

And you know this how? :eek:

13. danoman

Something that effs with our mind has to exist.

14. SwoLy-D

^^^ Imagination? Yes. It effs with mine, too. But, take Stephen King, for example... he writes that iSht down, makes a book, then a movie... and BOTH of those things EFF with your mind. ;)
    Google "define:exist", you get this:
    Ghosts have neither.

Trap one in a box for me, will you? :eek:

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

16. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

am i to assume you're atheist?

17. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

he's mexican. obviously he's catholic ;)

:eek::(:):confused::grin::grin::p:mad:

18. SwoLy-D

^ Doesn't matter. God or "no God" ghosts are imagination and ignorance. Most "occurrences" can be proven scientifically.
    [​IMG]
    "WHY, IKE... what ever do you mean?"
    :eek:

19. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Sorry SwoLy, but I have to disagree with you on this one. Not because you said anything that is wrong, on the contrary, everything, as always is by the book! The reason I disagree with you is that you're not taking into account the word "Paranormal", which by itself throws everything logical out the window. I personally have never had any type of paranormal activity, and I have no desire to ever have one (if it exists)! Or it could be just imagination just like you stated!

Paranormal: Denoting events or phenomena that are beyond the scope of normal scientific understanding

20. SwoLy-D

^ LOL @ broad, vague and ambiguous definition. :grin: Yeah, that's hilarious.

OP said: "anything paranormal (ghosts, smells, sounds)."

I clearly said: "ghosts don't exist." :) Smells (my fart) and sounds (my fart) DO exist. They can be scientifically proven.