1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anybody here who voted for Trump Switching to Biden?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Aug 19, 2020.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Are any Clinton voters voting for Trump this year?

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

yes, I know a few that are switching, but they weren’t hardcore Trump supporters to begin with...more so “anti-Hillary” or “anti-establisment”

what I do know is many people who didn’t vote at all in 2016 who will be making sure they’re casting a vote in 2020, and it damn sure won’t be for Trump

Surfguy, malakas, No Worries and 4 others like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

I know somebody who voted for Trump only because he was anti-abortion...when it comes to that fool, I have no idea what their vote will be in 2020

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

Not me personally, but a whole bunch of my extended family.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I also voted for Gary Johnson, as a bit of a protest. If it weren't for what happened last time, is consider doing the same. I have to vote for Biden just for the sake of the country.

I just hope at some point we can actually get some decent candidates out there.

Another great question would be: has the Trump Presidency surprised anyone?

I know there are definitely some folks, but it hasn't surprised me one bit. If he had been an actual serious candidate without the baggage in his past personal history and was willing to take the laws of governing seriously, then I might have voted for him back then. I will never vote for that man for anything, though.

#45 Two Sandwiches, Aug 20, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Toootally voting for Biden.

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Here's where we get a bunch of Gary Johnson voters (the guy had what, 1% of the vote?).

My guess, the republicans here that voted for trump last election in order to "own the libs" will vote again for him in November. Hence I have always thought it would be another close election, regardless of which Democrat ran against him, regardless of which VP candidate was chosen, regardless of what trump has said or done. We're a two party democracy, and tightly ingrained into our parties. "I could never vote for a republican/democrat" and the other candidate is the most [choose one: liberal/conservative] candidate ever". If not the candidate at the top of the ticket, then the VP candidate.

rocketsjudoka and RayRay10 like this.
  8. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

[​IMG]

Corrosion and RayRay10 like this.
  9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I voted Democrat every election in my life, through 2016. Then I found that both parties were essentially the same.

Both of these parties have to be taken out. They've run us into the ditch. The Baby Boomers are content to string this out 15 or 20 more years and be done with it. We have to make it farther than that, as a country. The Red and the Blue are not cutting it.

We're like kids of two abusive parents, wondering which one's leg to cling to. Did you notice how violent our home is? These Reds and Blues deserve a smack themselves, for the dung they serve up to us, taking our taxes before we even get our paychecks, to spend countless $1,000,000,000,000's in debt. For this? And Biden or Trump? Harris or Pence?

F them. So everyone's saying "Come on, swallow one more load, for America. Just one last time." Maybe . . . one more toxic gob for the team. Biden and President Kamala Harris until 2028 or beyond. This is my life, if I live. Thanks, Blue Bosses.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Deckard

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I'm not going round and round with you.

Rashmon and RayRay10 like this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know a couple who might be on the fence. One did vote for Trump and has been a Trump supporter but during COVID-19 he's been getting blasted by other Trump supporters because he's been saying we need to take this seriously and do stuff like social distance and wear masks. That might be making him bitter towards Trump. Many of the Republicans that I know didn't vote for Trump the first time and are even more dead set against him now. My business partner who had been Republican party chair for his Congressional District is more anti-Trump than I am.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I expected Trump to be a poor President but I didn't expect it to be this bad. I expected he would be incompetent but I figured there would be guard posts that would keep him from being so corrupt and also that he would lay off the tweets after awhile.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The two political parties are NOT “essentially the same,” @Os Trigonum, and if you genuinely believe that they are, then you aren’t nearly as well informed and certainly not paying nearly as much attention to what is happening politically in our country as I believed you to be, in my opinion.

You believe that the Republican Party and trump are essentially the same as Joe Biden and the Democratic Party? Really? That is what your quote implies. It also implies that you are either oblivious to trump’s admitted attempt to “steal” this election by any means at his disposal, or simply don’t care. To say I am shocked would be one heck of an understatement.

rocketsjudoka and RayRay10 like this.
  15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yes absolutely, but it doesn't mean that they switched sides politically. It's just that Trump's campaign the past two years has thrown a TON of money into micro targeting anyone who looks like a Trump voter online through FB, etc. and registering them to vote. David Plouffe talked about this a few weeks ago as something we cannot underestimate that they've actually done right under Brad Parscale the past few years in Michigan, Wisconsin, etc.

So yes, they will turn out people who are hardcore Trumper types that were either too lazy to register and vote previously, or just didn't know how or care to.

That's why the African American turnout is so key. It was down big time in 2016 from 2008 & 12. If Trump is turning out more Trumpers in key states, Dem turnout of African American voters who sat out 2016 is really the only thing to offset those gain Trump COULD make.

So no... I don't think anyone is switching sides from Hillary to Trump at all. I don't think he'll get a single vote out of that. He will however get non voters to vote for him in November though. So the way the swing states are going to be won will be to HOLD TIGHT onto the independents who could come home to Trump, and turnout African American voters in Michigan, Penn, etc.

Oh and Florida, Florida, Florida. Social Security messaging needs to go hard in Florida. That state is 100% winnable for Biden.

malakas and RayRay10 like this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I agree. It definitely seems like that for Trump voters it's about "owning the libs." From talking to Trump supporters they are convinced that the "liberal agenda" is out to destroy them and their way of life and this is a zero sum game and they see this is a an existential struggle. That is very obvious even here on D&D.

jiggyfly, RayRay10 and NewRoxFan like this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm shocked.gif

cml750 and RayRay10 like this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I don't think this is simply a turnout election. If you look at how many house seats flipped in 2018 including seats that were won by first time Republicans in 2016 shows that there voters who have flipped from R to D. Most of these districts are suburban districts and they represent the balance between Republican rural votes versus urban Democrats.

For example in in 2016 both Trump and Clinton underperformed in WI compared to Romney and Obama in 2012. So yes if Clinton had the turned out the same amount of black vote in WI as Obama she would've won. That would only be if Trump hadn't turned out any more vote than he did. As 2012 showed there are more votes both for the Republican and Democrat so just a turnout battle isn't a guarantee. Given that WI is only 6% black it's going to be hard to just rely on black urban turnout. To win Wi will take winning the suburbs.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What if we were talking about any recent Republican other than Trump, though? Just asking.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

They'll stay in the US and pay more in corporate taxes and reap the benefits of better public infrastructure and a larger percentage of people with access to healthcare which means the average American citizen has to worry less about medical bills so they can buy more OLED TVs through Amazon along with having access to better funded schools to create more future software engineers and computer scientists that can design more ways for Amazon to maximize their profits.

malakas and Rashmon like this.