1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anybody else underwhelmed with the pre-draft drama?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pass 1st shoot 2nd, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Just asking, really.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Waste of time but what else is there to talk about ?

;)

DD

3. Asian Sensation

World cup baby. That's all that matters right now.

4. Raven

Raven Member

After the Rudy Gay incident, I never assume we're keeping our pick until they're in training camp. My prediction is that the Rockets move up just enough spots to get the big man they want, probably Cole Aldrich. I consider this a safer guess than most of the other draft scenarios being floated.

5. Houston_Rockets

PORTUGALL alezz!!!

It´s not a waist of time man, we all know that 90% is BS, but is nice to see what trades were close to happen, and in the future ask ourselves, what if........ happened, etc, etc

If you give the few importance to the rumors and wait until the trades/picks/signs are official, it is nice to be in touch, and see, for example, what does Morey want to the team, evaluating and trying to understand what goes to his mind, it is nice when you have an active GM

PeAcE

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

But I can't recall anyone being remotely close to right since the guy overheard the Steve Francis trade at the local mall from a Rockets exec on a cell phone.

Just a bunch of whoffing by all of us...

I expect to be surprised, and that is more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

DD

#6 DaDakota, Jun 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  7. Simos05

Simos05 Member

I just love seeing how daryl morey works, and that he earns his paycheck. It's nice to have such a competent front office, who works hard to put the best possible product on the floor. Especially when you see how horrid some of the NBA front offices' are run these days.

8. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Oh come on, nothing is more fun than watching a bunch of amateurs say things like "bust" or "upside" when none of them have ever even shot a basketball.

9. Asian Sensation

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

been alot to talk about imo, jus ready for the draft.. feels like Christmas wating to see what Santa Morey brings us :)

11. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

I concur. Just can't stand the speculation and, sorry Clutch, the Bosh is Jesus movement.

12. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Even if they show up for training camp, they might get traded.

Hi Donte!

13. nabeel623

nabeel623 Contributing Member

underwhelmed? no... but i'm assuming you meant overwhelmed, in which case yes

14. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

I'm quite bored about all the draft and free agency stuff....I guess the offseason is just generally boring. I can't wait for the season to start.
    In particular hearing what some people have to say about the players.
    Some guy on his youtube vid was talking about free agents and said Yao complained to much. In addition, that if he didn't stay with Houston his only option would be play in China because no other team would sign him.
    More importantly, in regards to the draft this year.....I'm sure we will sign nobody to special and accept it. Hopefully then, they turn into a complete surprise.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm always underwhelmed. Right now I'm underwhelmed by how many people end their posts with a trademark nowadays. ;)

~~!!!>>> nAPalm <<<!!!~~~

16. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

17. tdogg310

tdogg310 Member

I dont know if overwhelmed would be the right word. But it does seem to me that the Rockets are being rumored for alot of different trade possibilities. Personally I love speculating about all of our possible moves that change our roster. Although i personally believe that we are closer than having to add a bonafide all star to contend, its fun to think about adding the likes of: Al Jefferson, Ricky Rubio (2 years from now), Cousins , Anthony Randolf, possibly Turner and Brand.

There are alot of teams that we are said to be in discussion with and i think thats a great thing, there is no problem with having our options open. My favorite thing about Morey is that no matter how many rumors are floating around, he usually pulls one from left field that no one even thought of, and it usually works. That is why im so excited for thursday. Also, it could be overwhelming to some, but its the offseason, this is the best thing we have to talk about.

18. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

this is one of the most fun times of the year, and its been a long time since we've had a decent lottery pick. SO im just going along for the ride and trying to enjoy it. the anticipation is killer, not quite as bad as it was during last season's trade dead line.

I think that's cuz this time of year is generally more hush hush, as teams dont want to give up their intentions.

with that said, i feel like a kid thats about to get some new toys. im going read about them and learn to love them and then hate them and then try to hate them the second morey trades them.

19. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

NORMALLY, nothing truly exciting happens until draft night...give it time and with all the big man talent out there, tons of movement would be expected.

20. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

I meant exactly what I wrote. Not stress out by the chatter, but "meh" about it.