1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Anybody else think we will do damage if we make it?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mooch, Mar 17, 2011.

Tags:
  1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Honestly, no.

We have a few warriors I know would step up for the playoffs, but we rely on a lot of young guys like Budinger, Patterson, Hill, Dragic that are more likely to be bowled over by the intensity of a playoff series against the Spurs. I think it'd be a good learning experience for them, but I don't expect them to do damage. Hoping we would at least avoid a sweep.

2. Raven

Raven Member

This is the NBA, it's almost a given that you win a couple, just to stretch the series out.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Too bad we would draw SA; we would make it interesting but that's about it.

4. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

We might not do as much damage as we would all like, but NO ONE will want to play us. And we certainly won't be an easy out.

5. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

yup, totally agree.

6. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Not to mention the whole system of the home games and 7 game series are designed so that the higher seed team wins. I think Stern said something to that effect.

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Uhhh, NO!!!

8. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Are you crazy?

Every team that makes the playoffs as an 8-seed automatically loses 4 straight games and proves that the team should have definitely tanked because making the playoffs is completely pointless unless you make it all the way to the Conference Finals.

9. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

yes but the nba and the refs dont want to see the 8th seed knock out the 1 seeded SA....bad calls at the end will send us packing :(

I am being synical but i really do believe we can knock out the spurs.

10. entirelydave

entirelydave Member

The NBA doesn't care about the Spurs. They're a small market team. They're quietly the best team in the league. I can imagine how the average NBA fan doesn't know the majority of the players on th Spurs. But they do know the majority of the players on that mediocre Knicks team.

11. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

i live in NJ/NY area, I know a lot of Spurs fans here... and those ppl know all the players....i think the NBA doesnt like the old spurs team when they played a slower paced game but now the last 3 years the spurs are a much more fluid team and consistently score in the 100's.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Might have a chance if only because that the Rockets will most likely have to be on a hot streak and probably beat a few good playoff teams (like Boston to night) in order to make it. If they do get on that hot streak, then maybe they the good play will carry over.

13. worzel gummidge

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/846E4rnwOCI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Clutch City, USA - home of the moral victory!​

15. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

I agree with JuanValdez, Dragic is probably scared ****less right now, seeing that we'll probably be playing the Spurs. He can't even HOPE to do anything against that team.

16. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

We need Scola and Patterson to play like 7fters because Chuck is playing like 6'9 / 6'10 somewhat. We lose because we don't have the size inside and nobody to stop an elite perimeter... Is Lee up to the challenge? I know for sure Thabeet and Williams are not in the Play Off Rotation...

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

We are young, best we can do is to try to run so much that the old farts on the Spurs bust a lung. Worth a shot, though.

18. HoustonN06

HoustonN06 Member

We could definitely beat the Spurs. Out of SA, LA, Dal and OKC I would much rather player SA.

19. penda45

penda45 Member

Ya out of the teams mentions SA seems like the best match up but we will still lose...

They would be a horrible defensive match up for us

No Brooks to match up with Parker's speed and no Battier to contain Ginobili or Jefferson.

20. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Personally I think we can beat the Spurs. But after that...not so much