1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anybody else happy with the way tmac was moving last night?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rsx_htown, Oct 31, 2007.

1. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

He looked so much faster then last couple seasons and he jumped little more like old tmac the explosiveness he said would never come back looked pretty damn good last night. We sure as hell didnt play up to par but im really excited with the way he looked last night.

2. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

He was going to the rack . . . sexy.

3. johnrox

johnrox Member

that first dunk he put down, i thought it was going to be a layup, but he threw it down, so yeah that was exciting. hopefully we'll see more of that in this offense. two dunks in one game by tmac was promising to say the least

4. rsx_htown

word after a shaky first half he turned it on in the second blew by kobe(a top perimeter defender) like it was nothing

5. shawn786

shawn786 Member

T-Mac looked very smooth in the new offense.

Yao didn't look to winded through out the game, thats allways a plus

6. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

TWO dunks by T-Mac in one game. last season he had two dunks by all-star break so that is saying a lot. i loved his left-handed sledgehammer on kobe, and i loved how he did his signature pull up 3, even though he missed it. t-mac doesnt have to worry about setting up players. he can be himself and score. this is the t-mac we need! ;)

7. rsx_htown

he even played the whole first quarter

8. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Exactly what I was thinking.

9. J3323

J3323 Member

the two dunks were more than he had in all of the playoffs last year so that was a great sign. I was pretty impressed by him and Yao.

10. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Yeah they need to get him on more screens without the ball. T-Mac is more effective when he comes off a screen in the paint and curls around the FT line for the easy jumper. Also you gotta love the back door cut by T-Mac for the easy dunk from Yao. We need to run that more often cause it makes everything so easy for T-Mac.

One more thing whenever T-Mac runs a pick n roll and the big man for the other team switches or doubles him then he needs to pass the ball back to the screener immediately instead of running sideways near the 3 point line. I saw a few times where Yao was open for the dunk off the PNR but T-Mac just hovered around and let Bynum and Kobe double team him.

11. Tmac'sJealousy

TMAC WAS FLYING HIGH EVERYWHERE LAST NITE..
    HE WAS SMILIN AND LAUGHIN AND MESSING AROUND... HE EVEN LOLed @ KOBO'S WHINING A COUPLE OF TIMES.

MAY ROGER FEDERER'S SPIRIT BE WITH MACMAN!

AND YAOLINGALING~~

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Just wait until he (and the rest of the team) finally start to "get" this offense. Should be a fun team to watch probably around the middle of December.

Remember what happened TMac's first year here when he finally "got" the offense after about the first 15 games or so? It was right after the Wesley/Jim Jackson trade. We went on to win 25 out of the next 30-something games, or something like that.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

the offense should give him more space to operate.

14. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

He looked good and light on his feet, but he was still aggressively doubled towards the end of the game and I didn't think our spacing was all that great to help break the pressure off him. However, that will ALWAYS happen as long as Rafer is on the court at the same time. Teams would rather just force the ball out of T-Mac's hand. I would much rather have Stevie out there with him to keep defenses honest, not to mention that Rafer has consistently cracked under pressure, which is mind-boggling considering that he's our best ball handler.

15. Keivan

Keivan Member

T-Mac really looked good last night, it's easier for him in the new offense.
    He was really solid last night, and I'm sure he's gonna be like that all year long. The dunk on Kobe got me out my seat :eek:

16. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

He did look good, until the end.

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

true, but he set up shane for the win though. :rolleyes: :p

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

true, but he set up shane for the win though. :rolleyes: :p

19. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Yea Tmac look fresh. I like the fact that now he seems to make his free throws now. I was one of those that want Kobe for Tmac trade but after watching last night, I think we're fine with Tmac.

20. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

In the first quarter, he looked like last year's t-mac..then he got that dunk on the nice look from yao and he seemed to get going after that. I think that would have been a lay-up last year...

and the dunk in the 3rd quarter...OMG!