1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

anybody else fed up?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rox11, May 30, 2014.

1. da_juice

da_juice Member

I don't even think it's a matter of being mad (at least for me anyway). I'm just bored to be frank. I enjoy the NBA trade deadline and the draft because they're unpredictable. But I rarely find myself watching games anymore. The league, the game, is too predictable, and that's not the fault of the Heat or the Spurs. I might watch the finals only because it's a good, even matched battle of two teams- but I haven't really watched anything else.

If the league wants to ever overtake football and be the number one sport, they need to find a way (and I don't know how) to make it less predictable. Maybe it means dropping the 7 game series format, maybe it means less regular season games, or new CBA/draft rules or relegation - just, something that has a little bit of interest to it.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I read this yesterday and it was kind of silly. It's not just due to a cap on salaries, it's due to the fact that the playoffs are very long (even longer now that the first round is best of 7) and minimizes the chances that a more talented team will lose out to the inferior teams; pretty much the opposite of the NCAA tournament that its contrasted with.

3. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

When the guy who's supposedly "built like Karl Malone" goes MIA during 4th quarter stretches because a phantom elbow injury, yes sir that is quitting at it's finest. How quickly ppl forget:rolleyes:

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You obviously don't like dynasties. You prefer watching a different team being crowned champion every year.

More competitiveness. I get it.

5. Mr. Space City

lebron is not built like karl malone.

funny how people forget lebron went up against en elite defense team with 4 superstars while he only had mo williams who disappeared.

6. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

According to some of his fans he's a Karl Malone who plays like a point guard. Yet he let a phantom elbow injury affect his playoff perfomance his last year in Cleveland (basically quit).

7. Mr. Space City

those fans are wrong, and your not lebron so you don't know if that injury affected him or not.

if 27/9/7 with 2.2 steals and 1.3 blocks is quiting then i wish harde would quit more.

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

no

It became a joke when they labeled him the GOAT before HE EVER STEPPED FOOT ON THE NBA COURT.

That was when the NBA officially became about the personalities and not the game.

and before someone throws the tired chestnut about the Rockets, no I wouldnt. I dont like the guy I will never like the guy and I would never cheer for him, I dont care what uniform he wears.

nothing worse than people who have so much invested emotionally in players that dont know who they are and will never ever care.:rolleyes:

EDIT: I just know Im gonna get called out about the above, so let me also state I dont like Harden either, I still cheer for the Rockets, I just dont like how he plays the game.

#128 Rockets2K, Jun 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Pretty much sums up this thread. Just because its happened in the past doesn't mean it's the right system.

The commissioner could even it up if he really wanted to, but I think the one way this is fixed is the stars stop being p*****s and try to win on their own rather than teaming up. Everyone always says "no stars have ever won on their own! Look at Bird with McHale, Jordan with Pippen!" but maybe some stars would win on their own if they weren't always forming Big-3 super houses. I'd much rather see playoffs with 10 semi-even teams led by 1-2 stars rather than 3-4 super stacked teams. I'm not saying the NBA is completely ****ed or anything, but I'd rather see an even playing field and there is no shame in that.