1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

anybody else fed up?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rox11, May 30, 2014.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I must say . . . . I feel the REFS have more say in the game than ever before.
    I feel the games are more plastic than ever
    The game has turned into Theater . .. flopping and jumping into players without even trying to hit the shot, just throw it in that direction.

Rocket River

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

ONE MORE THING
    Stern allowed tampering to make the big three then closed the loophole
    [REMEMBER this was Riley's second attempt at tampering but Stern blocked
    the first one to continue the Bull's Dominance (Juwan Howard rebuked trade)]
    He allowed this one to have the new face of the league become a winner

Rocket River

3. instantno0o0dle

im just tired of seeing the Rockets lose in the first round.

4. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

So what if it was all a GM's idea...plus is that the point of free agency...picking your own destinations...

What will make you miserable people happy...?

If a guy leaves a small market or good team...or if he holds for more money...he's greedy.

If he voluntarily wants to be on a mediocre team where can be sole star and take all shots... he's selfish.

If he wants to leave his current team for a contender or to join other superstars... he's a cowardly ring chaser.

5. downbytheriver

Hmmm... Are you having a nervous breakdown? you've been berating posters constantly. I'll take you seriously and respond once you get your attitude in check and not put words in my mouth..... Because you can't control your emotions.

1 person likes this.
  6. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

The HEAT have a cake walk in the East.

7. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Because, you sound ridiculous trying discredit a team that had to go out win, like every other team. Besides, if it's a sham, a rigged game filled with selfish, colluding...why watch an NBA game, if it's predetermined...it sounds stupid and crazy for a bunch people to be complaining about a game, because the team they dislike and hate how it was formed. It wasn't against the rules...and if it were the Rockets...your mouths would be completely closed. I'm not putting any words in your mouth or any constantly whining posters. It sounds like noise from a bunch of bitter old men...little kids. Sorry, Lebron and Bosh did not want play in your cities. Oh well, I will sit in sorrow, because Mr. Downbytheriver will ignore my posts...I'll just collude with other posters making pointless coversations...

8. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

This isn't the NFL, parity doesn't happen much

9. downbytheriver

^^?? It seems like you're trying to make a point but don't get the complexity of the situation. To summarize, for those of us that play sports, its embarrassing to see a man with so much natural talent not to have an alpha mentality. This isn't work, it's sports. Sportsmanship earns you respect. Do not try to compare it to the politics of your work. To your college class. It is a different sense of responsibility with the talent of wade, lebron bosh compared to peers and the many options they had. Given those circumstances, the whole we pulled a fast one on you guys, not one, not two , not three speech shows exactly what they were going for re: integrity. now you gotta back it up with title trophies. That's all the "MISERABLE PEOPLE" in this thread are saying. Cornering the market, monopoly in a subsidized situation while oppressing the have nots... That is frowned upon by anyone who understands big picture. But if you just want to be a fan of a winner, a dynasty, and feel important, then ita easy to overlook CIRCUMSTANCE.

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Whatever...whatever...whatever... Lebron is 4x MVP who was not stupid enough to let his career languished in incompetent Cleveland. Talent trumps these primitive tribal order ideals that you have...how does such player carry a 15 win team to 60 win seasons. Alpha mentality...that sure worked for Karl Malone...Gary Payton in Seattle...Reggie Miller

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

What he did to Cleveland? He left Cleveland in free agency.
    Creating a super team? What like the Lakers (tried to do)? What like the Celtics?
    How come the Lakers didn't get to the finals with Kobe, Howard, and Nash?
    How come the Celtics didn't win more than one title with Allen, Garnett, and Pierce?
    How come the Nets aren't blowing teams out with Williams, Johnson, Pierce, and Garnett?

We're about to assemble a superteam, so shut the **** up.

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner.

13. RedRedemption

You prefer T-Mac and Carter over LeBron? Get out.
    You're talking about the two biggest losers in this past decade who haven't accomplished a damn thing.
    You want to talk about someone with all flash and no fire? Those two.
    Ringless cousins. I loved watching them play, but their careers are huge failures and they were pretty selfish for the majority of their careers.

LeBron is selfless (I'm talking about on-court play, conjure your own opinions about his personality and personal life) and it shows in his game.
    Yeah, he no longer has the 50 point unstoppable games as a Miami Heat, because he doesn't need to be that player. He plays for the win, not for the stats.
    Your argument would make more sense if you said something about preferring Kobe to LeBron.

You're going to tell me you despise LeBron's perceived lack of killer mentality, and then talk about how impressed you are about T-MAC? LOL!!!!

14. RedRedemption

Which at the end of the day is what most of these people wanted.

15. Panda23

Panda23 Member

very misguided to dislike lebron because he left cleavland, if anything its only the MANNER in which he left cleavland.

I'd jump ship too if I got a chance to play with Wade and Bosh, rather thank having Mo freaking Williams as your sidekick.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Misnomer - He actually forced a trade.
    He announced his intentions of basically they trade him or he walks
    leaving them no leverage to even negotiate with Miami
    In fact he made sure they could not include DWADE in their demands.

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/7/8/1559490/lebron-james-decision-nba-free-agency-heat-cavaliers-espn

similarly Bosh did the same

Collusion - Riles did it before . .got slapped on the wrist
    did it this time by having DWade as his agent rather than directly
    aka. . . he found a loophole.

Kobe - broken
    howard = il used
    Nash = ancient

Garnett/Peirce/Allen = old old old
    plus creation of said super team
    not to mention THE WEST

Pierce Garnet = ANCIENT
    Williams [broken wheels] and Johnson are not top 10 in the league

naaa...

Rocket River

17. RedRedemption

Instead of crying and whining about parity, we need to take advantage.

18. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

There's more to it than talent. Sometimes the difference maker can be coaching, i.e. The Rockets.

19. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

I don't mind watching Spurs basketball despite being a Houston fan

20. downbytheriver

but you are terrible at sports and have never even been considered to play anything for a team, let alone a guy who has been goat from childhood like Lebron.

different talent, different responsibility. -"with great power, comes great responsibility". that's what i'm saying, guys like you and plutoblue can't compare YOURSELVES to lebron. it makes for discussion in the media, but not realistic. so let's get rid off the sham and consolidate the league, have 8 teams with the best players, then collusion won't be a problem and anyone can win.
    Lebron could have gone anywhere BUT Miami, with the whole wade bosh scenario, and it would have been fine. I expected him in Chicago (Rose) or NYC. But he went that route, did the whole not 1 not 2 not 3 speech, and people are going to expect titles. anything less is absolute failure.