1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any word on coaching staff?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tycoonchip, Sep 5, 2014.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Since the rumors of an upgrade at our pg position has been dominating our off season board, we have yet to hear what is going on with our coaching personnel. There have been talks about Mike Brown and others but nothing solidified yet. We are about a month away from training camp and I truly hope we are not rolling into camp with the staff we have. As I've stated in another thread, doesn't anyone else feel embarrassed that the two of our players that are in FIBA look that lost on the defensive end? It is one thing to not be naturally gifted on defense, but to look so lost on the rotation is just flat out pathetic. Does anyone have any info as to what is going on with that department?

2. traveler

traveler Member

lol

I would like to get some news about coaching staff. It is like they are waiting till FIBA is over before making moves.

3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Lattest word: Coach McHale is still not going to resign.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Supposedly the Rockets are going to interview Bo Porter.

On a serious note there isn't much out there.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They leaked info about pursuing a coach to appease the fans (like when they signed Gerald Green), then started biding their time and let things cool off. Portland series is slowly fading away. We'll forget. They wont hire anyone. We'll suck on defense. Nobody will be able to see the games on CSN anyways. Try again in 15-16.

6. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

This has confirmed the WOAT offseason for us Rocket fans. Not only have we downgraded as a team, but we haven't even addressed our coaching staff. We will score 110 points a game and give up 120. Maybe cap flexibity can coach defense:rolleyes:

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

I'm guessing they're going with what they have. I suppose there could be a 'late' hire but...

8. bmd

bmd Member

I don't get how they can lose 2 coaches and not be under staffed.

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Eh what's the point when McHale will be out the door after this season anyway.

Our new coach will no doubt bring in his own regime of assistants.

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Morey really needs to get on top of rounding out this team into a contender. Kudos to Morey for snagging Howard and Harden, but teams with wins in the 50-55 range aren't exactly rare in the NBA. Gotta round out the roster and staff to that next level or everything to this point and beyond would've been for nothing.

IMO, Morey has proven all that he needs short of that he can close the thing out.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

The roster is there. What is lacking is not only a good head coach but solid assistants. Having possibly the worst coach in the NBA and a definite joke of a coach and an embarssment to the Rockets in the incompetent McHale does not help. Add to that no real assistant coach and the team has glaring issues. But then again who would want to be assistant to someone like McHale who is not good enough to coach a YMCA women's team let alone contenders like the Rockets.

12. bmd

bmd Member

I wouldn't say he's the worst coach. Let's not forget the Rockets have one of the most potent offenses in the NBA. And their defense wasn't bad.

13. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Defense wasn't bad... until Kelvin Sampson resigned.

14. bmd

bmd Member

Even still, he is the coach to one of the best offensive teams in the NBA. I'm sure you could do worse.

15. traveler

traveler Member

Mchale did give the Rockets one of the best seasons in their history. That doesn't sound like he is bad. Sounds like someone hates him for other reasons. Lin maybe?

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The utter collapse down the stretch in the regular season, and the absence of Sampson on defense proved disastrous for us. McHale did try to make adjustments in the post season, but it was too late. The responsibility of defeat is mostly on the players, but McHale also was a part of it.

17. traveler

traveler Member

lol

Yes he was a part but he didn't have the players either. Our bench sucked and our PF was horrible. He needs the players to be able to compete.

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

As much as we love seeing James Harden iso at the top of the key and Dwight Howard post up in the paint, it will take a little more creativeness to get past even the 8th seed in the playoffs.

Honestly, I'd rather have "momma there goes that, Mark Jackson" as our coach over McHale and that's say a lot.

19. traveler

traveler Member

lol

As I said Mchale needs the players to do more. When you have Lin as your bench you are screwed. If you think Mark Jackson is better than Mchale then we are done here. Hopefully someone with sense comes along.

20. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Who is Bo Porter?