1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any word about the Dawg Pound success?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smartxtai, Feb 26, 2006.

1. smartxtai

smartxtai Contributing Member

I was just wondering if the Rockets organization thought the Dawg Pound crowd was a success or not? From what i heard on TV, the rocket's fans were louder than normal that day so I was wondering if the Rockets organization said anything about how successful they thought it was and any possible continuation of this promotion.

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I will try to find out details for you guys in the morning ... everything I've heard was very positive. From the photos, you can't help but be proud -- it looks like those guys did a bang up job.

3. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Wow, Friday was a fun time... I was hoarse after screaming defense on EVERY SINGLE Warriors possession, we could not think of anything else appropriate:)

[​IMG]

I know Brian (the Rockets tickets sales Rep who took charge and handled the ticket details for our group) came by a few minutes after the game was over and said some good things & basically just introduced himself and kind of a celebratory this worked out well don't you think type of vibe. :cool:

#3 ron413, Feb 26, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2006
  4. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

yea the game the other night was fun to watch because it felt like a playoff game and that sorely was because of the loud crowd. Of course I credit clutchfans for a majority of it....good job!

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

I noticed that the Magic have a similar group of rabble-rousers: A bunch of hotties in cheek-high blue jean shorts and tight little white tops, who jump up and wiggle when the opposing team shoots free throws.

I was wondering whether that kid with the mop was mopping up sweat or drool. ;)

6. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

I was at the Warriors game sitting directly opposite of the group and they were loud the entire game. Sadly most of the fans only cheer and get loud when it comes to the meaningless activities going on during breaks (more people cheer for free t-shirts which only a select few get, or freaking crabs racing with the winner being preselected). Get off your asses and start cheering during the actual game dammit!!!

7. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

Its funny that the lower bowl gets all the t-shirts...the people with enough money to buy any t-shirt they want get sooo excited for a cheap 2 dollar loq quality rockets t-shirt that fits no one and is painted on with that crappy white lettering stuff :)

8. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

even though i was on the rooftop at the game

the dawg pound did a damn good job

9. kgoodman

kgoodman Contributing Member

Rockets need us now more than ever!

10. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

i was in a suite behind them and they were very very loud!! very proud of y'all! i told my bro and sis about the group.

good job!! keep it up!

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Watching the game on LP in Austin, you could really tell the difference. The Rockets brass are crazy if they don't make this a regular deal. Great job by everyone there, and no surprise! :cool:

12. W-Mac

W-Mac Contributing Member

Friday night was freakin awesome! After a while the entire arena was chanting with us

13. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Those were the cheerleaders.

Yeah, the Clutch Crazies were awesome and I hope they do it again.....loud and proud!

14. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

We need more Dance Cam. I've noticed that the crowd, even those not dancing, seem to love the Dance Cam.

15. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

I've been to many Rockets games over the years (a semi-regular since '91), and Friday night in the Clutch Crazies (or Red Alert) section was one of the most fun times I've ever had.

It was awesome. We stood the entire game, we yelled, we roared, we pumped up the sections around us. It felt like a college football game.

Thanks to Brian and the Rockets for making this happen. We should do it again.

Btw -- great to meet everyone on Friday. Sadly, now I'm back in New York (was visiting for the weekend), so that was probably the only time I'll be able to join the Clutch Crazies. A great time.

16. BabyClutch

BabyClutch Contributing Member

Actually I think you have a higher chance of getting shirts in the upper bowl than the bottom. They throw them down from the rafters up top and there arnt very many people up there. In the bottom you're only getting one if you're right at the court or get really lucky.

17. MADE

MADE Member

They need to definitely do that again because I was watching the game at home and it seemed to be a completely different Houston arena. It was very exciting to watch because of all of the cheering that was going on. I'm sure it helped fuel the rockets to the win as well.

18. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

That's incorrect. They throw maybe 6 shirts down from the rafters on the ends of the arena while they throw hundreds from the court to the lower bowl sections.

I could care less but I do get pissed that more people get excited about meaningless promotions rather than the actual game.

Lower bowl ticket holders should be ashamed for the Friday night game. It was a discrace. It's not a stretch to say that half the lower bowl seats were empty while the upper level was packed!

19. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

Is it safe to assume the Rockets will not be doing Red Alert for the Phoenix game tonight? :(

20. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

My understanding is the problem stems from the fact that the "sideline" seats are priced such that they predominately go to corporate/company season ticket holders, with the rest being big individual fans. That can lead to a lot of no shows when it's not a big ticket game. It can also lead to in-game apathy when non-basketball fans are in the seats.

The other trick is the suites and clubs. They make the Toyota Center a high class facility, but they also somewhat encourage people to walk away from the games and mingle.

With the upper bowl so removed in comparison to the Summit, it's tough to get loud & excited. And if the lower bowl is quiet/disinterested/absent (except for the endzones), the place becomes a tomb.

I agree that the uber-excitment over cheap T-shirts is galling.

Evan