1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

any tips for attending live basketball games?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swag, Dec 13, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Swag

Swag Member

gonna go see the rockets for the first time in my life tmrw at oracle arena (Rockets @ Warriors) !! this is gonna be my first basketball game ever.

anyone got any useful pro tips? i dont wanna seem like a complete noob tomorrow.

thanks

2. ashiin

ashiin Member

Be proud that you're wearing red, have friendly banter with people around you and enjoy the show.

Coming from a guy who wore red to every Rockets game at TD garden in the past 3 years.

3. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Chat up the people around you, especially if you are cheering on the road team. Get to your seats a few minutes early to break the ice. I go to various sporting events by myself when I travel for work all the time, and I've found that if I talk to the people around me - they are a lot more supportive of my cheering against their team.

4. cardpire

cardpire Member

Bring a glove in case a foul ball comes your way.

2 people like this.
  5. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Support the Rockets the whole game or you will look like a douche

6. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

dump beer on their mascot

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Keep an eye out for their mascot, if he's anything like clutch you might have to be worried about getting a cake slammed in your face.

Just kidding, just relax, enjoy the atmosphere and game. Watching your first live game can really be special, especially if you have good seats!

8. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

dont call players by the wrong names... people will think you're an idiot.

last year i called Tim Olbrecht Omer Asik and the guys around me wouldnt let me hear the end of it.

9. moose

moose Member

Go an hour early. Sometime you can catch the players putting up shots and warming up.

10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Make sure to sit in your seat the entire time as to not obstruct the view of the people behind you.

11. WestendMassive

Boo Steph Curry anytime he gets the ball. The Warriors fans will love it

12. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Tips on attending a sporting event?

[​IMG]

13. The Law

The Law Member

Be courteous to every customer and do not comment on what they are buying.

Wait...

14. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Warriors fans are pretty nice. Wear your Rockets gear and don't be afraid of getting jumped. Now Raiders fans are a different story....

15. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Half the arena will probably be wearing lin Knicks jerseys so I'm sure they won't mind a rockets jersey

16. cardpire

cardpire Member

Just be yourself, and don't put the basketball players on a pedestal.

17. ILoveWhiteGirls

During the 3rd quarter (This is a must for noob) run onto the court and show off your Stay In Cleveland shirt. If you don't have a Stay in Cleveland shirt, streak naked onto the court and try to do 2 laps before being tackled.

18. DreamRoxCoogFan

I'm jealous- Oracle is a great, great place to watch a game. I recommend it to everyone. If it's your first game ever, you might not fully get to appreciate what makes it so special, but just know that you're witnessing one of the greatest arena experiences the NBA has to offer (for now). Fans are knowledgeable and engaged the whole game. It looks smaller than toyota center but actually has more seating capacity. The building itself is definitely outdated, but I found that to add even more to it, reminding me of the glory days in the Summit.

You're also lucky that you'll get to see the true fanbase with an engaged crowd before they build the new stadium and ruin that environment with a ton of corporate sponsorships and more expensive seats that displace the true fans.

Show up early, especially if you have good seats. If you're near the court with lots of Rockets gear on, you might get to talk to some of the players

19. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

Come late and don't ever sit in your seat. Oh yeah, make sure to leave early too.

20. Swag

Swag Member

sweet. thanks guys for all ur input. definitely looking forward to seeing the rockets play tonight.