1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any Takers for Dewayne Dedmon?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Pragmatician, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Pragmatician

Pragmatician Member

Just about every single scouting report I read has the following in it:

"Started playing basketball after high school.... loads of untapped potential.... not a lot of 7-footers with his type of athleticism."

Would you be willing to take him at #34 (or in a trade back) and wait a year or two? The rewards could be enormous.

2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Every year there's a few of these guys; raw, athletic bigs who don't know how to play the game but whose physical tools give scouts boners. They almost never pan out.

The NBA is just not a good place to develop if you aren't at least good enough to come off the bench right away and contribute. Practices are too short and there just aren't enough of them.

3. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

He's one of the prospects who may not be drafted and worth bringing in. He's older than most other draftee's.

4. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I would counter argue that the recent development of the DLeague would help. He could get real experience against NBA level athleticism and skill constantly. The major factor would then be work effort.

I would buy a mid to late 2nd round pick to select him but that's easier to say when I'm not paying the bill.