1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any reason for that???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketability, Nov 28, 1999.

1. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

"... Warriors, who have dropped five straight games to put coach P.J. Carlesimo's job in jeopardy."

That's a statement I found from a post-game note of the Raptors-Warriors game.

I'm just curious why sports writers didn't write something like this for (against?) Rudy T.? Also I remember that Del Harris was fired by the LA Lakers last season when the team went to a BAD 6-6 start. But things seem to be not as tough for Rudy in Houston.

Just curious! I'm not a Rudy hater or what. Just wanna listen to you all's opinions.

And what a coincidence! The Rockets have had 2 5-game losing streaks! [​IMG]

<CENTER>Gooooo Rockets!!!!!!</CENTER>

2. Finalfantasy

Finalfantasy Member

Good point, Jeff Van Gundy was gonna get fired even the Knicks made the playoffs, that lucky bounce vs. the Heat saved his job. The Rockets slipped from a contender to a scrub team but Rudy is still the coach. However, it's too early to call for Rudy's head, we will just see.

The Rcokets can turn it around with Rudy being the coach, only because the determinant factor of their success is their confidence level, but the Rox will lose some games for Rudy's coaching, especially his substituting patterns. Hopefully things will come out like an NBA player said: "if there is a team that can turn it around, it's the Rockets."

3. Caveman

Caveman Member

This what I think what is going on;
    Rudy has been using a word, "loyalty", to get Les to drop any demands of COUNTABILITY on his coaching performance. As long as Les think there are large mass of Rudy groupies out there in Houston, he is not going to fire Rudy, because of he wants the arena votes from these people.

------------------
    Rockets' biggest problem is not player talent levels, it is the coach's ineptitude.

4. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

"As long as Les think there are large mass of Rudy groupies out there in Houston, he is not going to fire Rudy, because of he wants the arena votes from these people."

Oh yeah. It's all a big conspiracy. You think maybe the reason Rudy hasn't been fired is because we have won 2 championships and never finished below .500 while he has been coach? Or that his regular season record is 325 - 211, and 50 - 36 in the playoffs? Maybe all of the above are reasons to give Rudy T more than 13 games this season to turn things around.