1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any Pool Owners Here?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Jul 20, 2022.

1. Buck Turgidson

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

"Yep...I'm a pool owner!"
    [​IMG]
    "This is one crappy pool, Clark!"

"Thanks, Eddie!"

ima_drummer2k likes this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

hehe

I literally had to run out and chase a damn iguana away from the pool a minute after my post

Need to call my guy Big Al again to "take care of them".

Big Al is a great entrepreneurial case study, by the way - he ran a business selling orchids, and eventually people told him, hey Al, we can't buy your orchids anymore, because the iguanas keep eating them. He started a side business doing "iguana removal" so he could keep selling his orchids...today, iguana removal is like 90%+ of his business.

Good guy.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

Florida Man is awesome at buying some weirdass pet, then figuring out that it's not really a pet, and then instead of giving it to a zoo or killing it, just turning it loose in the wild.

See: pythons, lionfish, iguanas, monitors, snakeheads, etc....

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Just get a big ass outdoor barn cat? Or will the snakes eat them?

6. Buck Turgidson

That's actually a problem with the pythons...they will absolutely eat that cat.

A 2012 report stated, "in areas where the snakes are well established, foxes, and rabbits have disappeared. Sightings of raccoons are down by 99.3%, opossums by 98.9%, and white-tailed deer by 94.1%." Road surveys between 2003 and 2011 indicated an 87.3% decrease in bobcat populations, and in some areas, rabbits have not been detected at all. Bird and coyote populations may be threatened, as well as the already-rare Florida panther.

I say Florida should import jaguars, the coolest of the cats.

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

That’s horrible. Florida don’t give a ****.

Nook likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Not to mention pythons in the Everglades...read about lionfish in the Gulf...it's an ecological disaster started by Florida dumb****s

9. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I swear I caught a lion fish in the gulf years ago. The guy I was fishing with thought I was crazy but I said I’m not touching that because it looks just like one and we’re way too far/long for help. I just cut the line.

My pool critter problem is lizards of all kinds. I also get scorpions and snakes in the pool - about 3 per year - but they aren’t the daily nuisance that the lizards create.

Buck Turgidson and Nook like this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Lionfish are delicious, more people need to be talked into eating them

11. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Thanks - it turned out even better than I hoped. The view is nice but it needed that something extra and adding a pool did it.

I will say I had to upgrade the outdoor stereo a few times before I was happy. But there is nothing better than floating around enjoying the view, jamming to some good music and "feeling good". Side note - it's strange that certain songs will take you back to a time 50 years ago to relive a moment in time.

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I will always hate snakes and will defend that stance. I mean, sure, we can be fascinated. But not fond.

13. Buck Turgidson

The friendlies are awesome, the venomous ones get murdered on sight with whatever's handy: rock, garden tool, log, golf club, gun...

Nook and B-Bob like this.
  14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

15. Buck Turgidson

Xerobull likes this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

So I bought this Beatbot Pro Aquasense pool robot. Weirdest thing, but it was clearly used before when it came out of the box?! Lots of scratches and water stains, and even some water still coming out of the device.

It cleaned the floor pretty well, but then it didn't come up and wait at the surface, as promised.

I'll give it a few more chances.

ima_drummer2k likes this.
  17. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

That doesn't sound good. I would contact them and let them know this with pictures. Ask for a new exchange with them providing a prepaid shipping return label. Hopefully you don't have to ship yours back beforehand.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Any suggestions for a reasonably priced pool robot? My Polaris is horrible. No power and it constantly gets stuck going in circles in the deep end.

I need something that picks up dirt and sand more so than leaves, etc.

19. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Ran our fill line and sprinklers for the first time all season yesterday evening. All the rain has been easy on the wallet this spring.

20. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

We use a dolphin brand one and it is good.