1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any Pics of the new Bilboards?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YaoMing, Aug 18, 2003.

Tags:
  1. YaoMing

YaoMing Contributing Member

I read a few days ago that the new Bilboards would be going up this last weekend. Does anyone have any information or pictures to share with us?

Sorry if this is a repeat question. Dont see anyone else talking about it.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

go to rockets.com

3. YaoMing

I have seen those pics.

I am talking about the additional bilboards that TIM said would be going up last Firday. Supposedly they had pictures of Francis and Ming with the new Jerseys on, but only from the shoulders and up.

4. YaoMing

5. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Oh, those...I think Tim was just lying. Either that or the members of this board who live in Houston need to get on top of their game...at least get pics of those 2 that Tim said were comfirmed to be up. But those are supposed to be similar to that ticket sales ad in the Chron that only show the top part of the jerseys anyways.

6. SaVeThEpIgS88

SaVeThEpIgS88 Member

ALL i can say is that i saw one a few days ago by Gulfgate Center... I forgot if it was yao or steve on the billboard but it definately fits the description of what you are trying to tell me... If i had a digital camera or a scanner i would glady have posted pictures for you. but i dont :(

7. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

They changed the "R" billboard on 290 (just before Barker Cypress) to a picture of Steve. It just shows Francis from the shoulders up. He's holding the ball above his head as if he's going in for a dunk.

8. MONON

MONON Member

9. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I saw 2 on my way to sugarland from Katy and back, don't know what road my parents took though. On had Yao Ming's face.

10. CourtCourt

CourtCourt Member

hwy 6/briar forest.... its the same pic from the news paper w/ him wearing the new jersey... but in color.

11. torrr

torrr Member

They've had a Yao billboard heading south on 249 from Louetta heading towards 1960 for a few days now.

12. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I saw it on 59 south, northbound right past the beltway.

13. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Okay fine, next time I go to back Houston, I'll take pictures of those...but I hope someone else can before me because I'm probably gonna be here in Austin for at least a couple weeks.

14. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Southbound I-45 North between Tidwell and Crosstimbers I think it was, I saw it this weekend (Sun. night) on the way into town...

Steve (same shot as on top left of rockets.com) wearing new jersey... I think it said "Be BIG" or something...

Looked good, I was going 65 MPH though, by the time I noticed it, I was right on it, being that I've been living in Dallas I didn't know where to expect it at. Wish I had a pic...:(

15. jsalinas6

jsalinas6 Contributing Member

There is one of Steve on 59 North next to Minute Maid Park. The red on white looks good!!:D