1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any Pappy Van Winkle fans?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by the shark, Aug 3, 2020.

1. ATXNekko

ATXNekko Member

Thanks for the recipe, I was thinking Old Fashions last night when I had the first on the rocks then moved to the coke. Have everything but simple syrup but will mix up a batch once the stove top is free and have after dinner. I am interested in trying the Blue Corn version now.

2. Buck Turgidson

Everything I've had of theirs is good (everything is also blue corn, so didn't want to get you confused), but this is the one I was talking about: https://balconesdistilling.com/spirit/texas-blue-corn-bourbon/

I'm still a sucker, just because they're local and I've helped do the bottling, for Garrison Brothers. Go by there on a Hill Country trip and do the tour, once it's all good to do so.

3. the shark

the shark Member

I need to check that blue corn out!

4. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

For those of you who like Balcones the somewhat recently launched Lineage single malt is rather good. It’s about $20 less per bottle than the standard single malt and might be a good but I haven’t had a chance to do a side by side.

donkeypunch likes this.
  5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The Lineage is great for what it is and theyre focusing more on that, the true blue and their pot sill. Theyre taking away their baby blue and Rumble for more of a distillery exclusive. Everything they do is pretty great, and I will say for 20-30 dollars less than their single malt, the lineage is worth it for a Texas style scotch. You still get some of the young wood that comes through in most Texas bottlings, but at 40 bucks a bottle, its worth it.

ATXNekko likes this.