1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any Other Rockets Squad That was More Infuriating Than This?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Nov 17, 2015.

1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I cant recall any other Rockets team in my memory that was more infuriating to watch. The talent on this team, the expectations from last year, the crappy coach, the lack of effort on both ends, the sheer "I don't care" attitude that permeates through each and every single game I have seen. I just want to throw my hands up in the air during some games. I have been a big Harden fan, but his act is wearing thin on me. Dwight is invisible half the time. Ty Lawson looks like Jeremy Lin 2.0 out there. I have no clue which PF will show up on any given night. Brewer continues to get minutes to showcase his deterioating skills, while Thornton gets sent to the dog house for not scoring more than 15 points 2 games in a row. and of all the point guards that have come through over the years, the one guy we keep is an overrated selfish defender who makes Ricky Rubio look like Pete Maravich on offense.

I hate this team right now. Every night they have a game is a bad night for me.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

2013 playoffs Rockets.
    2008 playoffs Rockets.
    2007 playoffs Rockets.

Those Utah Jazz back to back playoff losses were infuriating. I still hate Luther Head.

3. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

The Mobley Francis years were tough. I hated the way that team played offense, but I think watching THIS team is much worse.

I simply do not like this team at all, and most of it falls on Harden and McHale. I would be fine with losing both of them and starting over. It is just so frustrating to see the same mistakes and the same lack of intensity and inconsistency happening over and over again. We are almost always out coached, and Harden seems to have let his success go to his head. He is a great player, but not one you want to build your team around in my opinion. People have criticized Dwight Howard his entire career for not being a winner, but I think Harden is just as bad. There just isn't any fire to this team. They NEED a shake up and some leadership from the people who are supposed to be leading. This team is weak, and it is one of the most frustrating groups to watch that I can ever remember.

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

aww, c'mon . . . tell us what you really think. :grin:

5. Newlin

Newlin Member

The cocaine team of the 80's.

6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

The cocaine team was FUN to watch though! They could have been really great.

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

Could have been. That's the infuriating part.

8. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Yeah the franchise monkey years were tough but at least I knew they weren't going anywhere. Thus effing team tho, with some of the best talent at center and guard in the league, going all the way to the wcf last year...its like man what the hell happened to them?

9. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

The only year that was this disappointing for me was the year the Rockets gave all that money to Cato, Glen Rice, Mo Taylor and Moochie Norris and also traded three first round picks for Eddie Griffin.

The year before we had narrowly missed the playoffs, and then we spent the offseason using the cap space from letting Dream go to Toronto to reload the team for a real run.

The team was supposed to be really good that year. A new era of Rockets playoff basketball. A young backcourt that was supposed to be one of the best in the league (Francis and Mobley), a center who stated he wanted to break Dream's shot blocking record (Cato), a scoring power forward (Mo Taylor), a veteran floor spacing marksman (Rice), a young versatile big with high upside to help mitigate the feeling of existential depression caused by seeing Dream finishing his days wearing purple (Griffin), and a fairly solid bench that included the Mooch, Walt Williams and Kevin Willis.

But, alas, the team played so bad that Rudy T's time with the Rockets came to an end and the Rockets had the 5th worst record in the NBA.

That year sucked. This year also sucks. Which sucks more is not certain yet.