1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any of you guys here sneakerheads?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RedRedemption, Apr 25, 2011.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

They bring in engineers, pro athletes, doctors, and build labs, so i don't think it's all about the designers. It's definitely not all aesthetics, but the features could be functional and/or aesthetic. A new feature can also be a new technology, so they can overlap.

The thing to remember is that different designs may affect people differently. Some people love the nike free's flexible soles, some don't. It doesn't mean the technology isn't working or delivering it's promise, it just doesn't jive with that person.

The sole on these 2K5 huaraches is designed to help avoid sprains...ive worn them before and it does help bump you back the right way, but the sole overall was just too hard for me and the shoes came up too high.

[​IMG]

The issue is that shoes are usually overpriced, regardless of whether its a purely aesthetic shoe or one that introduces new proven technology. It's the reason why i don't collect them, although i love them. Also, sometimes the new feature or technology can just be something minor and Im not going to buy a new pair just because of the new lacing system or something like that. Still nice to see or read about though.

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I'd rather it be an adult collecting shoes, instead of little kids begging their parents every month to get a $200 Jordans

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Any and every Hobby can be regarded as "stupid" or a waste of money and time.

How is collecting shoes any different from restoring model civil war reenactments, car restoration, stamp/coin collecting, or 4 leaf clover picking?

I don't know if I can be considered a sneakerhead but I have a lot of sneakers; columns of sneakers. I can probably name a couple sneakers that come out in any given month. Don't buy many sneakers anymore unless they are cheap AND nice or shoes I just need to have that I can either by 2 and sell one to pay off my pair or I can work into my budget (gas is a b****, gotta contribute to the 401k and IRA)

I remember when I was going to school in Lubbock, on release day I would Be the only guy waiting to buy some pretty exclusive kicks. I would just buy the whole stock put on my CC and resell and use the profits to pay some tuition; well, a lot of tuition. It was crazy how no one in all of Lubbock wanted a pair of sneakers that would easily fetch 300+ on the east/west coast. Some sneakers that people were paying full price for elsewhere were on sale in the only footlocker in Lubbock.

4. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

The good old days.

5. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I dont have a problem with people collecting shoes its just the name sneakerhead I dont like. How about a name like shoe collector or something.

6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You guys sound like a bunch of women.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yeah. I'm in High School.
    I'm not an avid sneakerhead myself. No crazy collection for me. :(

8. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

i got 3 pairs of new balance does that count?

9. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

10. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Sneakerheads? When I saw who posted this I thought it was about curbstomping trannys.

11. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Anyone have a swoosh account invite they want to send my way? :p

12. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

That.

To each their own, but if you're obsessed with collecting shoes, I'm sure you could get on some other bbs and find more like-minded <s>women</s> people to discuss your fetish.

13. VanityHalfBlack

And they say women have more shoes than men, nope not the case, lol....

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Since when do women collect shoes? Collecting shoes and simply having a lot to wear with various outfits isn't the same thing. True shoe collectors aren't going to wear their shoes.

1 person likes this.
  15. YourSecretLover

+1

I used to have a collection of Nike Dunks(about 30) and only wore like 3 of them. Others were just on display in my room so whenever someone comes over they go like "dang nice shoe collection" :cool:

16. CrazyDave

Oh, so it's like one of those action figure guys, you buy one to bubblepack and put in storage and another to play with?

Well that's different.

very different.

wait a second..... they're on display? ok at first I didn't get it. Now I see I don't get it. pardon my curiosity. out.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's exactly like that... I understand you were being sarcastic though.

I don't understand why some would turn their noses up at any hobby. The same people who were making fun of kids collecting comic books/action figures, reading fantasy novels years ago are the same people saying they wish they collected or read when they had a chance; Pop culture has become geek/nerd culture; Their comic book collections and action figures are worth thousands now; Comics and Books read as children are top grossing films.

People who discuss/watch basketball, play basketball, buy sneakers to play basketball and people who collect Jordan sneakers because they probably watched Jordan play basketball in said sneakers are somehow not like-minded individuals?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PingvrumiHE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-ryMLFUUyJM#t=2m12s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. CrazyDave

actually, i was just being matter of fact. Pardon if I didn't get it before.
    As I said before, to each their own.

19. lionaire

lionaire Member

I used to collect Dunks and SB's along with the occasional Jordans, but overtime I got sick of most em(especially the dunks/sb's). Sold a majority of them except the few pairs that were must-haves (Space Jams, Yeezy's, Flu Games, Infrareds etc.) and now I'm really just trying to re-do my collection with select Jordans and Air Max's. Oh, just got the Bordeaux's too. :)

20. lionaire

lionaire Member

Oh, and this...