1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any interest in McDyess?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Since75, May 14, 2002.

1. Since75

Since75 Member

Just wondering whether anyone here thinks that McDyess might be worthy of the number 5 pick and a player or two. He's athletic and he plays D and rebounds. A lineup of McDyess, Taylor, SF?, Mobley, and Francis could potentially be explosive offensively and defensively with the right defensive scheme.

2. Rocketblast

Rocketblast Member

I hope were not interested in him, unless the Nuggets are willing to take Maurice Talyor - and don't ask me why they would do that. This was discussed in a previous post by GATER a while ago.

Anyone wanna roll the "Dice"

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

If McDyess is okay health wise I would offer the following trade scenario:

#5 and #15
    KT
    Cato
    Moochie

McDyess would have to agree to play center for us though.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sorry too much for Dyce
    I don't think his health is all that great either

#5 and MoT [for salary matching] and Rice

Rocket River

5. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

Besides being a very good athlete, I think his skills are a little overated.

6. Sane

Sane Member

Actually, during his injury, he improved his passing and ballhandling skills, as well as his jumpshot.

If he's healthy as ever, I'd offer this:

Griffin
    Mo T (also healthy AND in shape)

for

McDyess

Griffin is the replacement, Mo T is the temporary solution, then becomes the C or PF, depending on Griff.

For them, it's a question of "is Griffin's potential worth Mo Taylor's contract?".

Don't know, but it's possible.

I'd rather kep Griff. What does McDyess do that Griffin won't be able to do at teh end of this upcoming season? Nothing, and then he has 3 years to improve till he's been in the elague as much as McDyess. Plus, he's got better size and range.

7. T-2

T-2 Contributing Member

Paging NugzFan, please come to the white courtesy telephone...

I sense either the heat is about to be turned up in this room, or just maybe, he's given up trying to protect McDyess from our clutches. :D

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'd give about the 5 and Kt for Dice. The 5 pick has a shot at being better than dyce. If we pick up Woods(who is supposed to be a carbon copy of Mcgrady) than he could be better than dyce. Plus, the face that we throw in Kt would make it that much sweeter. With the 15 we could get a C like Marcus and we would be set.

Marcus/Cato
    Dyce/MoT
    Griff/MoT
    Cat
    Francis

Mo T could get some good cleanup minutes at Sf and PF.

9. GrEgOnOmIcS

GrEgOnOmIcS Member

They already have a replacement for mcdyess with Juwan Howard, so it might be easier than expected to get dice from them, I would give up kt(a solid back-up for howard) and the #5 for dice, we will still have the the #15 to pick up a solid big men or to include in a trade for a small forward( odom/lewis/wally )

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I wouldn't have a problem with McDyess if it wasn't for his injuries.
    We have had the most unhealthy team in the entire league last year,we can't afford guys with health problems at all.

11. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Too bad KT doesn't come anywhere near matching Dice's contract. To match salary wise, we'd have to send both Rice and Moochie. There's no way the Nuggets would take Rice's contract off of our hands.

12. Rocketblast

Rocketblast Member

Please, no more players that are coming off a serious injury. We need to be healthy next season to be good, and there is a risk with McDyess. We already have two recovering players in Maurice Taylor and Glen Rice.