1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any Freelancers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lurch, May 12, 2015.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What do you write/charge?

2. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

I'm full-time on something, but I freelance once in a while for writing, PR, and this general vague project management/startup growth/data analytics hat.

if any of you have data sets you need sliced and diced with Pandas, or writing about the edge of technology's frontiers, I'm potentially here for you bro(s and sisters).

Freelancing is a grind though---you should all check out contently if you're in the content game. thier newsletter is aces on how to pitch and get into huge outlets/great jobs.

(my tea straining skills are also for sale)

3. Outlier

Outlier Member

Can you explain #2&#3 please?

4. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

SEO is Search Engine Optimization. In a nutshell, it's making a website, webpage, article, etc., appear as high or prioritized as it can in a search engine.

For example, if I searched for results with the keywords " big boobs articles" on Google, the most relevant articles appear on page 1. So basically an optimized website, webpage, article should appear in the first pages as opposed to an unoptimized one.

SEO a broad scope, but mostly the SEO I did was focused more on articles. it as basically more of a "content mill" type of writing as compared to blogging.

Real Estate Leasing Lines, basically what my wife does here is she handles the leasing calls for real estate managers thru Skype and some software, it's like a call center type job.