1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any Donatas Motiejunas Injury Updates?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by You Stone, Jan 22, 2016.

1. You Stone

You Stone Member

With the Smith trade I am worried there might be more to his latest injury. It seems like the same thing happened last season. They sat him out because his back was tight, then he was just sore, and suddenly he was out indefinitely, found out he needed surgery.

2. rockets13champs

Bro back injuries take a LONG time to come back from dekker and dmo are most likely out for the year

3. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

This franchise doesn't do injury updates.

He's day to day, which means tomorrow they'll announce his season ending surgery

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Motiejunas probably more than than week from resuming basketball activities. Has been working out. Harrell banged up, but could go tonight.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/690573975546507264">January 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Motiejunas obviously very difficult to predict. All they can do is work on his strength and monitor symptoms to see how he progresses.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/690574154492342272">January 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

lol :grin:

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dmo said less than 2 weeks at a season ticket holder event.

DD

7. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

8. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Funny that's the same thing he said last year b4 he announced his surgery (out 8 months)

9. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I can't imagine what kind of back issues DMo is dealing with, but speaking from experience, back injuries are incredibly difficult to heal. Granted he has the best medical advise and staff assisting him.

I first hurt my back almost 4 years ago, doing a simple little stutter step in basketball, absolutely no contact. By the time I got home it had completely frozen up and I was bed ridden for an entire week. This has happened 4-5 times since and the pain has never truly gone away.

We need D Mo back. Get that man a back transplant stat!

10. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Best case scenario rockets get DmO back with a couple months until playoffs so that he can get a groove. Go into the playoffs with smith and DmO Capella Dwight. Hey it's better than last year I guess

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I have a feeling there is more to this, though. He's faking it. :p

12. rockpileindisma

I hope you are right but you are usually wrong

13. teknokid

teknokid Member

By the time he comes back, his contract will be expired and he will no longer be useful as we all wanted him to be. He is pretty much useless big man that we shouldn't put too much emphasis on. The love for this guy on this board is just insane.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

liking a player on the team you follow that is injured is insane.

INSANE I TELL YOU

15. elainas

elainas Member

Game 7 with GS, 4th qt, Kerr decide Hack-a-Big-Men, who would you rather have at FT line? Which one would you take to play positional D on those Pick and Roll?

Capela, Dwight, Harell, JSmith, TJ or DMo?

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Said 9 days supposedly. But he's not even running yet...

17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

can he even play? he's 23 or 24 years old iirc? 4th year in the league and he has a bad back thats holding him back since last season. i hope this donest linger

18. CertifiedTroll

DMos twiter: I need an agenda in place for me to rehabilitate #bewell

19. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

DD I don't even think he's running as of yet!!!!

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am almost always right - in proper context.

:)

DD