1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any chance Danny Granger is waived? (UPDATE: Sixers buying out Granger)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by larsv8, Feb 20, 2014.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Anyone seen any info on this?

Would love to pick him up to solidify the playoff run.

2. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Yeah, I don't know if he will be, but if he is and we could get him, that would make our bench really nice for a run:

Bev/Lin
    Harden/Hamilton/Garcia
    Parsons/Granger/Casspi
    TJones/DMo
    Dwight/Asik

If that becomes our second unit, they could probably make the playoffs in the Leastern Conference.

3. larsv8

I haven't watched him much this year but he use to be a very solid 3 and D guy.

We could sure use one.

4. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Antawn Jamison looks like he is gonna be bought out as well.

5. Amir's Johnson

If that happens, Miami will get him.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Antawn Jamison is cooked.

Granger might be as well, but I'd have no problem dumping Brewer to pick up Granger and seeing what is still there.

7. arjun

arjun Member

granger would provide everything we were looking for in garcia.

8. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Likely, they got a pick out of Turner and got rid of Allen's contract. Granger may add a win or 2 for their record, which is not what Hinkie wants. If Morey can snag him, we'd bet set!

9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Sixers board is saying a buyout is very likely.

Get er done

10. s.b713

s.b713 Member

We do have our MLE available, i was thinking Asik wouldve been gone by now and the MLE used on Camby but guess not

11. da_juice

da_juice Member

Definitely avoid Jamison. Hasn't been a factor in years.

I doubt it. Miami has a heavy perimeter rotation. They're probably looking for Big men.

12. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

We still have that partial MLE or whatever it's called right?

GET IT DONE

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Very interesting!

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That would be sweet. That's your stretch 4, folks.

How much can we give him?

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Even if Philly did want to keep him (not sure why) Granger would flip a sh$% if they didn't allow him to be bought out.

In the case of a buyout (high likelyhood) Houston is a perfect fit. Granger(when healthy) is essentially a bigger more versatile Carlos Delfino on steroids.

Houston still has its low level exception which I believe very few contending teams still have. Miami I think still has theirs but I think Houston represents a better chance for not just a title run & a significant role, but they also represent somewhere he could resign with next year over the mid-level exception.... Miami does not represent that.

I also suspect that Hinkie only got the deal done with Larry Bird because Bird was under the impression from Hinkie that maybe a team like Houston was more likely to pick up Granger than Miami. If Granger was dead set on going to Miami, you'd have to think that Indiana would look at other trade situations that didn't significantly help their main rival this year.

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I wouldn't mind picking him up but I wish the Rockets never made the Brooks deal if they do..

17. larsv8

Can't imagine he would go to Miami to spite Indiana unless he was extremely bitter about being traded.

18. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

He will have many suitors...

19. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets fans sad that more moves weren't made: HOU still has its Room MLE available. They'll likely scour waiver wire/NBDL for upgrade...</p>&mdash; David Weiner (@BimaThug) <a href="https://twitter.com/BimaThug/statuses/436622112808509440">February 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>...Prorated value of Room MLE currently ~$2M (decreasing by $15,600/day). That's &gt; prorated vet min most other contenders would be offering.</p>&mdash; David Weiner (@BimaThug) <a href="https://twitter.com/BimaThug/statuses/436622707120427009">February 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am sure teams like OKC and the Spurs would be interested in Granger. Clippers too. Do they have LLEs?