1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any Adelman players out there for the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, May 22, 2007.

1. Rockets34Legend

I hope he tries to go after Mike Bibby. Since he has Kings connections, maybe he can try to work a deal to get Kenny Thomas or Shareef on this team.

I haven't calculated any numbers, but would a Rafer + Juwan + 2007 1st Round Pick for Kenny T. + Bibby work?

Anyone else we can go after to light a fire under this dismal offense?

2. matty101

matty101 Member

^ ^

I havnt done the maths either but ive certainly done the logic and that proposal makes absolutely no sense for the Kings. Even if Bibby wanted out why would they trade with us and get 2 old players and a late first rounder. If Bibby was to want out they would be in a rebuild phase and i wouldnt even rebuild my local team with rafer and juwan. :D :D

3. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

damn even at 4 am were talking rockets. funny stuff

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

You are not gonna be able to add Bibby AND Thomas. Be realistic. I think Rafer+Juwan+Sura add up for Bibby, but even if we throw in a first rounder, they'll never accept that

5. BigM

BigM Member

i'll take bibby but a gigantic no to kenny thomas or shareef.

6. blazer

blazer Member

I do not think Sac would want to keep Bibby, since now he is playing out of their system and overpaid. I believe they would love to get rid of him. Heck, they really want him to opt out his contract. But with all said, not until we throw in Battier, there will be no deal ;)

7. JamesC

JamesC Member

Isnt Bibby a free agent anyway?

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

If they wanted to get rid of him, they wouldnt trade him for the only deal the rockets could offer (skip+howard+sura) because only Sura's is an expiring contract. They might as well keep a valuable player like Bibby around rahter than have scrubs like howard and alston for a longer period of time

9. GATER

GATER Member

No. He has 2 more years @ $28m.

Corliss is a FA. He'll be 34 in December but is low mileage and can still score in the low block. Worth a vet minimum if you're trying to build a deep team. And clearly more attainable than Bibby. ;)

#9 GATER, May 22, 2007
    Last edited: May 22, 2007
  10. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Checked hoopshype.com and they said Bibby is under payroll until 2008/09.

http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/sacramento.htm

I didn't get this "Bibby Fever", his performance is descending yet earning Juwan Howard + shane Battier money. Ron Artest is the only player I want from Kings if necessary and I do not believe they will let him go easily.

I am fine with Rafer as our PG starter and I would rather develop VSpan as our backup PG instead of looking for a replacement. I might even switch TMac to play PG while Rafer as backup if we were really that desperate to upgrade this position. Then we can look for a decent SG and PF. I would settle for Mike James as our SG. I don't know who's the best option as our PF though.

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

here's what i would consider a good offer for bibby. look at the iverson trade as a measuring point:

miller, smith, 2 first round picks = iverson

rafer, juwon, sura, 2 first round picks = bibby

miller is better than rafer. their ending contracts were larger than ours. but the sixers didn't even get a lotto pick out of the deal. plus iverson is WAY better than bibby so i think this offer is just about right.

of course we would have to try to take one of thier pf's off thier hands if we're giving them another unathletic long term contract pf.

12. weslinder

weslinder Member

In the draft, Glen "Big Baby" Davis is about as much an Adelman post player as they come. Not particularly quick, no defense to speak of, but an exceptional passer, very high basketball IQ, decent shot, runs the floor well, and can put the ball on the floor.

13. baller4life315

Mentioned this already in a different thread but Howard for Vladimir Radmanovic. Radman had such a bad first year in LA that we could likely also pry away their second rounder or a player like Vujacic or Turiaf as well.

He's on a tolerable longterm deal at a tolerable amount of $5-6 million a year and fits the bill of a young, athletic PF that has size and can shoot from downtown. Granted, he has his weaknesses on the defensive end and he's a career underachiever, but Adelman has had great success coaching players of his mold. It's not an idea i'm crazy about but i'd be willing to roll the dice with it if all other more attractive trade proposals fell through.

14. No Worries

No Worries Member

Chris Webber!!!!!!!

I can't wait.

15. BigTex

BigTex Member

josh mcroberts kind of sounds like a adelman player, hes a great passer
    but he'll probably be gone before we pick :(

16. mcm1150

mcm1150 Member

Lakers would never do that. There are better players out there that they could get for Radmanovic than Howard. Howard = no trade value until next year (expiring contract).

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

JJ Reddick?

:D

DD

18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

why do you want more one dimensional tweeners?

19. rterry

rterry Member

Because that's all we will ever get with our salary cap problems. Each year a couple thousand people we'll get excited over the next over the hill scrub or never-has-been we sign. I can hear it now:

If Yao stays healthy
    If T-Mac stays healthy
    If Rafer can learn to shoot
    If Spanoulis can learn to shoot
    If Luther can play defense
    If Juwon can hit that 10 foot jumper
    If Novak can rebound and play defense
    If Wells can lose 50 pounds and show up
    If we can sign Jason Kidd, Kevin Garnett, and Kobe Bryant.

Realistic optimism is admirable. Blind optimism is stupid.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I think his abilities are a better fit than Luther's, especially with Adelman coming in.

Reddick can be for the Rockets what Jon Barry was for the Kings, a shooter off the bench to stretch the defense.

DD