1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anti Mosque Rally shows the true racist colors of these idiots

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Oski2005, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Qball

Qball Member

But who is FOR the lunatics in the picture? Name me one person here that think that there is nothing wrong with what the people in the picture are doing. As a Muslim, I am publicly stating that the people in the photo you showed are IDIOTS. I am totally against what they are standing up for. But this isn't enough for you is it? No matter what Muslims on this board say, you'd still wanna fight fire with fire. Why are you using them to justify what's going on in NY?

2. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Why is it racism? Did they say anything about him being black? I thought when I first saw his hat that it was a taqiyah. Is there any reason to think that the protesters did not think the same thing and thus believe he was there in support of the mosque?

3. Rashmon

Rashmon Member

So that made their actions okay?

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

"Taqiyah"?

Really, that's what you thought, Opie? "Taqiyah"?

Really? With an UnderArmour logo on it?

I've seen many, many similar-looking dudes wearing skull caps all over new york and never once thought "indeed, that must be a muslim chap over there, I say!"

Likewise, I'm willing to venture a guess that most of those protesters have seen actual black & brown people before too (or at least on TV) and have the same experience, and lack your unique "Taqiyah" spotting faculties.

Asinine.

5. across110thstreet

it's so cool the way he rhymed bin laden with forgotten...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oaQBrTROj2w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oaQBrTROj2w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

Ahhh, the distractions that keep us from putting pressure on politicians to solve the real problems.

Well done.

2 people like this.
  7. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

To what actions are you referring? Chanting "no mosque here"? I have no problem with people protesting something they disagree with. I was only questioning calling the people racist based on what I saw in the video. Did they refer to him by some sort of racial epithet that I missed. Did they suggest he go back to Africa? Did they assume he conformed to some stereotype of black people? Or was the assumption made that they were racist because he was walking through a protest against a mosque and the people started chanting "no mosque here"?
    Yes, I thought taqiyah. Why are you putting it in quotes? Did I misspell it or something? Why are you calling me Opie, I bear no resemblance to Ron Howard. I did not see the UnderArmor logo on the hat on my first viewing of it, is it that strange to think that someone else may also have missed it, perhaps one of the people viewing it from the side or rear? I don't imagine you have ever thought "indeed, _______, I say!" so that is not surprising. I have lived in very diverse cities including Los Angeles and London, so I don't think I have had some lack of exposure to black and brown people, though I don't know what that has to do with anything. I was simply observing that there is no evidence of racism in the video from my one viewing, and that the shape of the mans hat, spotted in an instant and perhaps on a grainy video or from a distance, may lead one to believe that he might be a Muslim.

8. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

Agreed. Now all they're doing is using this to get votes. Sad.

9. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

yes, i thought that was inspired. also "towers fell" and "living hell," as well as "felt that day" w/ "people blown away."

10. across110thstreet

of course it doesn't need to be mentioned that a group of people shouting "no mosque here" at the Ground Zero site are getting their wish no matter if the Cordoba House goes up or not...

...and yes, a group of people who call a brown skinned man with a Du-rag a coward for being a hypothetical Muslim, are indeed, racists

11. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

Bobby Womack would say a Du-rag is emblematic of what he was trying to escape across...

#71 basso, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  12. surrender

surrender Member

[​IMG]

Srebrenica.

13. MadMax

MadMax Member

Jerome! Jerome! Put on that Bobby Womack!
    Nah girl I wanna go way back, ahh yeah check this out

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

okay, the bobby womack "accross 110th street" reference was kind of cool

15. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

horrible, but the various balkan wars were largely ethic in scope, the predominately muslim nature of one of the ethnicities notwithstanding.

and, on whose side was the US, and the west in general?

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

Yes opie, unfortunately, the idiots yelling at him weren't using grainy video unless you are proposing some form of time travel - anyway I imagine there are plenty of devout muslims running around with puerto rican flag necklaces. Boricuas - the secret muslims among us!

This whole argument that they were mistaking it for a "taqiyah" makes them seem even more like obnoxious staten island r****ds than they actually are, which is already considerable at first glance.

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

What are the right reasons?

18. PASTORofMUPPETS

One day we will have world peace......

The day that all religion dies.

2 people like this.
  19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

What do you consider a terrorist murder in the name of Islam?

2010.08.23 Thailand Pattani 2 4 Two civilians are machine-gunned to death by Muslim insurgents in separate attacks.

If a Christian kills anyone is that a terrorist murder in the name of Christianity?

#79 vlaurelio, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

Truly sad when a black man can't even walk down the street to his job without being attacked by members of the tea party.