1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anti Mosque Rally shows the true racist colors of these idiots

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Oski2005, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Raven

Raven Member

Those two points are not contradictory. Islamic radicals won't see our fairness as a sign of strength. Moderate Muslims will, of course, but not radicals.

But that doesn't matter. We must make every effort to remain impartial when it comes to this project. One law for all religions is the only way our society can function.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Radical Muslims would be against the Mosque going up at all since it goes against their beliefs.

3. Raven

Raven Member

How so?

4. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The Mosque/community center is being built by moderate Muslims who are the number one victims of Radical Islamic terrorism.

The idea behind it is to be bring different religions together, and to let there be an exchange of ideas in an effort to bring understanding. That's the whole reason for the project.

Radical Islam doesn't share in that exchange of ideas, and believes there is one way (their way) and have set about blowing up Mosques and Muslims that don't agree with that.

Radical Islam kills more Muslims than any other group of people, and these are the types of Muslims they would want to kill most.

5. Raven

Raven Member

Oh, there's going to be a Church and a Synagogue inside the community center? I didn't know that.

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

the community center is open to non-Muslims

7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

No, but they are going welcome other religions to come there and share ideas and understanding.

Have you heard of Marble Collegiate in NYC? It is a nondenominational church where many famous people have gone, and they often have Rabbis and Imams deliver sermons as part of the same service that a Christian Pastor will. There isn't a Mosque or Synagogue inside though.

To be open to other religions doesn't require the house of worship to be there. That isn't really the point. The point is the mosque stands for everything the attackers of 9/11 were about. The idea behind the mosque is something that extremist Muslims absolutely hate.

8. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

actually yes there is

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Turkish prime minister Erdogan said there is no such thing as "moderate muslims".

10. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

You didn't get his point...

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Do you want to try and explain what his point is?

12. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

No disrespect, but it seems like you read posts once and forget what is written by your next posting, too annoying for me to waste my time on. I just wanted to point out that what you posted was a lie.

With that being said, here are his quotes:

On "Islamic terrorists":

" Such a definition saddens not only the Muslims, but also those who believe in other religions. No religion permits terrorism. Therefore, it is very ugly to put the word Islam before terrorism. You may say religious terrorist but you can't say Islamic terrorist."

On "moderate muslims"

"Turkey is not a country where moderate Islam prevails. This expression is wrong. The word Islam is uninflected, it is only Islam. If you say moderate Islam, then an alternative is created, and that is immoderate Islam. As a Muslim, I can't accept such a concept. Islam rejects extreme concepts. I am not an extreme Muslim. We are Muslims who have found a middle road. "

1 person likes this.
  13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure ATW sees "moderate Muslim" as someone who will have a little pork and a little alcohol, i.e., moderate in the halal and haraam.

Whereas you probably view moderate Islam as someone who is moderate/sensible in the halaal, but still does not touch the haraam.

I could be wrong of course. Just thinking out loud.

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Actually, not really, if someone doesn't want to eat pork and drink alcohol, that is their prerogative, I would not view that as an important factor in my personal view of what is moderate or not.

Several very thoughtful posts in the last few threads (especially B-Bob's), I'll respond with some more substance tomorrow, apologies, too tired now.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Let's build one of these in Baghdad and Fallujah and Kabul so that the moderate Muslims, the #1 victims of radical Islamic terrorism, can bring the different religions together and let there be an exchange of ideas in an effort to bring understanding to the radical Islamic terrorists that are actually there. The radicals in the US carry misspelled signs, protest on street corners, and threaten to burn books... the radicals in these countries kidnap, murder, and assassinate people. Clearly they need a little more understanding overseas than we do here.

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

sure as long as their constitution/laws allow for it

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Why wouldn't their laws allow for an "interfaith" community center?

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I don't have a problem doing that at all. But that doesn't affect the building of the community center blocks away from ground zero one way or the other.

#398 FranchiseBlade, Sep 10, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  19. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Why do people keep trying to compare the standard in third-world countries in the Middle East to the standards of the United States when it comes to comparing tolerance and radicalism? It makes no sense. You do understand that Americans are supposed to be held to a higher standard right? You realize we're supposed to be better than that, right? Why not try to be?

2 people like this.
  20. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

I don't think anyone's publicly proposing to burn the community center, FB. Just some books a few states away.... :cool: