1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anti Mosque Rally shows the true racist colors of these idiots

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Oski2005, Aug 23, 2010.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I thought you don't drink? :confused:

How else to explain this post...

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

keep it up. Playing dumb always works for you buddy.

3. Hak34

Hak34 Member

The truly tragic and moronic part of a post like this is the fact that there are people who actually think this way.

I can pretty much guarantee that more WASPs have been murdered in cold blood in the name of catholicism and christianity than in muslinism. Likening all of Islam to the few perpertators of 9-11 is tatntamount to calling all christians, murdering black hating bigots for their roles in the murder of thousands if not millions of africans during the 19th and early to mid 20th century. You read almost daily of some catholic priest molesting children of the world, but if this was a catholic church going up you'd have no problem, and in essence that is the crux of the problem.

These "peoples" idea of america is so far from what our forefathers, Lincoln, JFK, and untold many great americans ideas of what this country is about. Its masked racism, pure and simple. Its to be ashamed of. We are a country of freedom from religious pursicusion. REGARDLESS.

When will these people ever stop hating someone for color, race, religion. You are a bunch of hypocrites. The bible teaches tolerance, forgiveness, and peace. Not this hate these people have in their hearts.

4. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Senator Hatch steps up...

Hatch compares Mormon temple battle in Belmont with NYC mosque
    E-mail|Link|Comments (41)August 31, 2010 09:16 PM
    By Lisa Wangsness, Globe Staff

One of the nation’s leading Mormon elected officials has cited the battle over a Mormon temple in Belmont in arguing that Muslims should be allowed to build a mosque near Ground Zero.

Senator Orrin Hatch, a Utah Republican, said mosque proponents ‘‘have every right’’ to carry out their plans in New York, just as Mormons had a right to build their temple, despite neighborhood opposition.

‘‘I have a tendency, when it comes to religious liberty issues, to always uphold the rights of legitimate churches and legitimate religious groups to be able to meet and to build their mosques or their chapels or their cathedrals on property they own, and I will fight for their right to do that,’’ Hatch said, speaking to a FOX News reporter in Utah.

‘‘I remember when the Belmont, Mass., temple was going up ... the local people got up in arms,’’ he said. ‘‘They didn’t want a Mormon church there to begin with. They couldn’t stop that, but then they tried to stop the steeple with the angel Moroni.’’

In supporting the building of an Islamic center and mosque near Ground Zero, Hatch is taking a position different from his fellow Mormon, former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney, a Republican who is considered a strong contender for his party’s presidential nomination in 2012. Romney, who was a leading proponent of the Belmont temple, said through a spokesman that he opposes the proposed location for the lower Manhattan mosque.

‘‘The wishes of the families of the deceased and the potential for extremists to use the mosque for global recruiting and propaganda compel rejection of this site,’’ spokesman Eric Fehrnstrom told Politico last month.

Senate majority leader Harry Reid, who is also Mormon, has said the mosque should be built elsewhere.

The proposal by a New York imam and developer to build a 15-story Islamic community center two blocks from the site where the World Trade Center once stood has generated national controversy over the last two months.

Hatch is one of the few national Republican leaders to offer a full-throated defense of the project on the basis of religious freedom; former House Speaker Newt Gingrich has compared the proposal to putting a Nazi sign next to the Holocaust Museum.

In the interview, Hatch credited the late Senator Edward M. Kennedy, a Massachusetts Democrat and a close friend of Hatch, with helping Massachusetts Mormons weather the controversy over the Belmont temple, which was dedicated in 2000 atop Belmont Hill along Route 2.

Neighbors had fought against the temple and then against the addition of a 139-foot steeple topped by a statue of an angel, but the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court affirmed the church’s right to build it, in a unanimous decision.

‘‘I think my good friend Senator Kennedy helped me on that one,’’ Hatch said. ‘‘I went to him and I said, ‘Look’ — actually, I did not use very good language — I said, ‘What the heck are you dumbbells up there in Massachusetts doing?’ He said: ‘What do you mean? What do you mean?’ I said, ‘Well, they won’t even let us put a steeple on our temple with the Angel Moroni on it.’ And he said, ‘Well, we’ll see about that.’

‘‘Later he was talking about religious freedom, and he said, ‘Well, I helped Hatch get the steeple on the Mormon temple with the angel Nephi on there,' ’’ Hatch said, repeating a story he told at a memorial service for Kennedy. ‘‘I got a big kick out of that.’’

Lisa Wangsness can be reached at lwangsness@globe.com.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2010/08/hatch_compares.html

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I have to question your reading comprehension skills. This is where it would be nice if an 8th grade education were required to participate.

6. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

So can I hold all Christians accountable when an abortion clinic is bombed in the name of Christianity?

Absurd.

7. CometsWin

Yes, and if a Hindu steals a wallet then of course all Hindus are responsible.

You guys have a real grasp on the topic. I'm amazed with the idiotic analogies that you guys are coming up with.

8. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Listen...you are the one that posted the misguided post where you told somebody to stop crying because you hold all Muslims accountable because a dozen people killed in the name of that religion. Holding all Christians accountable for bombing abortion clinics in the name of Christianity is the logical assumption of the very words you posted.

Here...I got something for you.

[​IMG]

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I agree on this. The same people bring up pedophile priests and abortion killers every single time anything Muslim is questioned or criticized.

"Oh yeah? But ...abortion doctor killers...pedophile priests...blablabla". It's like their joker when they run out of arguments, which happens pretty fast.

10. CometsWin

No, apparently you can't read. I said the following.

If people are killing in the name of your religion don't ask me what you should do about it and don't blame me for holding those people and their supporters accountable for killing in the name of your religion and don't be surprised when I don't want houses of worship for that religion built in a place where thousands of people were murdered in the name of that religion.

Here's something for you.

[​IMG]

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

self owning post owns self.

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Let me explain to you the 'logic' he/she thinks he/she is using.

It doesn't say in the Hindu book to steal wallets.
    It doesn't say in the Christian book to blow up abortion clinics.
    Yet, magically it does say in some Islamic book to blow up the World Trade Center on the 9th of September.

With all these people, you can nail it down to this point. Their issue is that they believe it's in the Islamic books to do this. That OBL is actually a DEVOUT Muslim, because he follows what his religion tells him and that moderates are fictional because to be moderate, you have to NOT do what the Islamic books tell you.

Yet, they refuse to learn about the Quran and prefer to get their answers from a handful of bigoted, racist, hate-filled websites and they feel that's enough to draw their conclusion. They may even get angry or annoyed at the suggestion that they should read/study the Quran a little bit. That's out of the question ofcourse.

So what do you end up with? Someone who insists on being ignorant to support this belief system. Essentially, they are the non-Muslim Osama Bin Laden. They can't see that they're in total denial of what the Quran says and twist the words to suit their agendas.

The irony. It kills me.

13. CometsWin

Yes, we're all familiar with the pedophile society within the Catholic church wherein they gather at secret camps in Idaho every summer to get pedophile training and funding. Then they're secretly dispersed to nations throughout the world in secret pedophile sleeper cells by a hierarchy of Catholic priests who have been called upon by God to spread pedophilia as is written in the Bible. They use secret codes on the internetz, prepaid cell phones that can't be tracked, and infiltrate important sectors of child development to further the cause of pedophilia so that one day God's law will reign over the world. It's just about the same as Al-Queda.

14. CometsWin

Bahaha... You've just completely deluded yourself into believing that anyone that opposes a mosque at ground zero is a bigot. You have no argument at all, none. I haven't said anything remotely close to what you're contending. At this point I'm beyond the point of caring what you think on the matter.

15. babyicedog

babyicedog Member

The debate on the cultural center is that 2 blocks is too close to Ground Zero.

So, my question is: how far away should it be? Specifically, how many city blocks away from Ground Zero is permissible for a mosque or cultural center for Muslims?

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

grammar <> reading comprehension

smart people: 1
    bigots: 0

#356 vlaurelio, Sep 2, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  17. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

People have a right to oppose it. People don't have a right to not acknowledge the constitutionality of the mosque.

18. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Actually it is way more than a dozen; those were just the ones on 9/11. These zealots are killing all around the world every week almost.

In particular, I remember the one where they were celebrating a new water facility that the US had built in a Baghdad neighborhood around 2005 when the AQ zealots drove a truck bomb into the crowd and killed some 40 Iraqi children and many, many adults

19. babyicedog

babyicedog Member

No offense, but you keep saying that everyone is completely off regarding what you're saying, and yet you're the one who keeps sounding like you're full of crap. You are absolutely equating the actions of a terrorist group with an entire religion- your denial of this is, again, full of crap- and the individuals that oppose a mosque at Ground Zero are, in the large majority of instances, basing this on prejudice and bigotry.

How else do you explain the lack of protests over the past 9.5 years at the mosque that is currently 4 blocks from Ground Zero, one in which Muslims can be seen praying outside at selected times? Why have New Yorkers not been up in arms about this- an actual Mosque as opposed to this cultural center? Do you really think 4 blocks is that much further than 2 blocks? Bulls**t.

This is a controversy that was largely stirred up by the media and spread like wildfire across the country- how else do you explain the fact that people are calling it a "mosque" when it's not, or that many think it is being built on the actual Ground Zero site? Let me tell you something, I just got back from New York 2 weeks ago, I visited Ground Zero in person, and 2 blocks in New York City might as well be 15 blocks. This is a MANUFACTURED controversy, and I feel sorry for the individuals who were duped by this without realizing the litany of ironies involved, starting with the 4-block-away-mosque, the false use of "mosque," the inaccuracy of the "at Ground Zero" reference, the fact that many cannot even decide exactly how far away is far enough, etc.

I have relatives all over the City- Staten Island, Queens, etc. People that had friends die in the South Tower, 2 who were police officers and had to dig up body parts at Zero, etc. And I understand they still feel the pain- and they know it's largely a matter of fear and prejudice regarding their feelings. They live amongst Muslims and understand they are Americans like themselves, and that 9/11 was the work of a terrorist group that the large, large majority of Muslims oppose. Some can't help feeling fear and bigotry- but they all agree that the fear is largely unfounded regarding this mosque situation- again, do I need to bring up the 4-block mosque- again?!?!?!?

So, maybe it's best that you admit your prejudice- which is what it is- and stop making an a** of yourself with your put-downs of individuals who are simply pointing out the obvious.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually what he is really saying is that no Church should be built near abortion clinics out of sensitivity of those getting abortions.

The truth now comes out. Who are the real PC supporters? Why it's the right! Don't build anything near something that MIGHT offend someone.

No churches near abortion clinics!