1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anthony Randolph worth $60m

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by herro, Dec 19, 2009.

Tags:
  1. herro

herro Member

2. Francis 4 ever

I damn well hope my agents would say im worth a max contract too.

You pay for size in this league.

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Charlie Villanueva got a 5 year $35 million dollar deal. Almost half the amount. Randolph CAN be better than Villanueva. Thats a potential-based asking price, but I dont think you throw that kind of money at him just yet.

Its almost hard to fault the players for looking bad in that GS environment. As unfocused as Randolph has been at times, he's got company in looking iffy in his playing stint over there. But its those kinds of players you generally avoid throwing big money at.

It shoulda been the reverse for the Warriors locking up the Randolph types, and NOT signing the Corey Maggette types to big money.

4. herro

herro Member

potential to be great...sure

but 5 years/$60m for a VERY unproven "future star" is insanity of the highest order

which probably means the Knicks will lock him up for that figure

5. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Given his work ethic and focus issues, paying a player insane money like that could amount to a classic case of "Get paid, stop caring". And to think, people are starting to compare him to Lamar Odom for his play out on the court. Just wait til after he gets a contract like that.

6. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

He's playing the same game that Carl Landry's agent (Buddy Baker?) was playing. You have to hype up your client, or in Landray's case, accept your best offer.

I think Anthony can be great also, but he could easily become another Stromile Swift.

Anything over ten million seems a bit ridiculous for a guy whose barely played. However, maybeplaying for Nellie has limited his showcasing of a skillset.

7. sew

sew Member

This is a joke.

8. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Isn't his rookie contract expiring in 2012? If so, still plenty of time before that happens. Alot of things will go down.

9. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Man thats crazy, his sophomore season isn't even halfway finish yet and his agent is already talking about a contract extension. And the crazy thing is, he hasn't even proven he can be anything but a role player at this point. He wasn't even the best player on his team in the summer league in my opinion, Morrow was.

10. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

I don't get why people compare him to Odom aside from a similar body type.

Randolph has no handles and no range. Everything he gets on the court right now is based on his freakish athleticism.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Randolph has GREAT handles for a big man...not good handles...GREAT.....his range is about 18 ft....but he dribbles well, passes well, blocks shots well....

Sometimes he is a dunderheaded fool, but I think he has huge upside.

Oh, and not worth $60 million...maybe about 35ish.

DD

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

He has not shown ANYTHING concrete that says he's worth 12 mil a year. If he's worth 12 mil, I fret at the thought of what Landry (a player that's putting it on the floor this year) would be worth.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Money has gone to the head,for young guys like him. He is talented but hasn't proved anything as yet. He has got to live up to his present contract. Even if he were to blow up,60M should be completely out of the question.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

What did Bynum get? They have similar numbers.

DD

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Bynum got too much IMO. He does have the advantage of being a true big man,but it's based on potential and future growth. I think Bynum could put up more numbers on a team with fewer scorers,but he has a long way to go and needs to play better on both ends.