1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Anthony Randolph for 2012 1st pick?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nebula955, Dec 13, 2010.

Tags:
?

If available, should we take AR for the 2012 Knicks pick?

1. Yes

241 vote(s)
    69.1%
  2. No

108 vote(s)
    30.9%
  1. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

The question is, what can we get for him a little bit later? The Knicks are conducting a little bit of a fire sale, needing that pick to use on Melo. We could take our time (DM is a patient SOB), maybe teach him a few moves, and get a good bit more in 6-12 months. If we think he has low BBIQ, we trade him and keep Hill, etc.

2. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

That's along the lines of what I was thinking. He's out of the rotation so his value is watered down.. if we were able to get him, play him, and he shows the skills we all know he has.. he instantly becomes a lot better trading chip than the 20s something pick we'd give up for him.

3. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

No way Swift could't even dribble a basketball. This guy has handles like a point guard.

4. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

First round pick for a SCRUB? Hell yeah, and twice on Sundays.

5. ROX_fan_CT

ROX_fan_CT Member

Unless you are willing to TANK this year and probly the next 2 years and TRADE YAO then you will never put yourself in the position of MIA or NY. Considering how YAO will NEVER be traded in my opinion due to his financial benifit to the organization & NBA OFF the court your BRILLIANT plan will not work.

The ROCKETS have and will always compete, and I love it that way !!! Our time will come and we will eventually get or create a "difference maker" but tanking should never be an option.

You have to find a way to collect young talent and give it time to grow and progress... refer to OKC

6. ROX_fan_CT

ROX_fan_CT Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5CDefTdwIx0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5CDefTdwIx0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Enough SAID !!!

7. ROX_fan_CT

ROX_fan_CT Member

Some key thinkg that I noticed from him in every video of anything about him and his game is that he is intense, doesn't back down, aggressive, handles the ball like a SF, protects the rim like a C, attacks the rim like a slasher, defends a range of players from Yao, tyrus thomas, rudy gay, to paul pierce. The kid has too many skills in a 6'11" frame not to like him. I say put him on the floor in the 3 spot and let him grow. He can be a star.

For those who question his work ethic, another video said that he was doing 3-a-days in the summer.

Watch what lamar odom says about him. It's hard to disagree.

All for a pick that NY gave to us in the first place and it would be pointless for us to keep sine the Knicks could be a playoff team this year and will add melo next year.

If you disagree with getting Randolph you should be banned from ever posting again, due to obvious stupidity !!!

8. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

He would e in the 2nd unit if we get him. I like his athletic his fast for his height but his gotta build some BEEF !

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

if melo goes there (which he just said is the only place he wants to go) then that pick is worthless.

better get something for it now.

10. ROX_fan_CT

ROX_fan_CT Member

I agree that he should get stronger, but I dont think he should really "BEEF" up. If he does that he would limit some of his versitality that already creates some matchup problems. Randolph has already said that he would like to pattern his game to Garnett, Bosh, Odom.

I dont think he too far off of what he could actually become.I would lean more to Odom than the other 2. Randolph can handle and pass much better than either of them ever could.

But I do want to bring up the fact that like Garnett and Bosh, they too had to grow into a consistent jump shot. Randolph will too.

The ROCKETS would be stupid to not get him at the cost of trading back a soon-to-be-worthless pick

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This would make a perfect highpost for a Princeton. I bet that that is why DM and Rick want him.

He has shown the ability to dribble and pass on the perimeter, and he can also attack from the mid area. Interesting.

12. ROX_fan_CT

ROX_fan_CT Member

BINGO !!!

The sky is the limit with him. Defensively he's quick enough to defend 3's, so let him !!! You have to put the kid on the floor and like Hill, he will eventually show you that it will be hard for you to justify NOT playing him.

Day-by-day, Hill is earning PT. People fail to realize that this is kinda the second half of Hill's rookie year in regards to playing opportunity and he is progressing decently. He go NO playing time in NY and neither is Randolph. Randolph go decent PT at Golden State but like Hill, he's getting scrubbed in NY. The pattern is NY and D'Antoni not playing them.

Randolph will do well here without question.

13. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

First, trading McGrady did not facilitate NYK's ability to get Stoudemire. They already had the cap space to get that done and where trying to clear space to acquire a 2nd FA superstar. Walsh has even admitted that he wish he had that trade back, since it didn't result in LeBron on the roster.

Second, I'd be really hesitant to pick him up given the fact that he isn't even getting minutes right now. If he's so good, then why isn't he playing? I'd tell Walsh that he needs to showcase the goods before we cut a deal. Randolph has basically failed both places he's been at so far. Granted, those were not the best organizations, but he still did not excel where he had oppurtunities to, and it's well-know that the reasons where mental.

Yes, I know that Hill was also not playing in NY when we got him, but he was also more of a throw in to the deal...certainly not the prize of the deal.

14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I would do this in a heartbeat, but why wouldn't Denver want AR instead of a pick?

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The Nuggets organization probably feels burned from all the ridiculous contracts of power forwards/centers it's had on the team. Wouldn't want the headache of taking on a player who needs to get his head on straight.

Just guessing.

16. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

I think we should make the trade IF that's all they're wanting... But LOL @ NY's 2012 pick being worthless. A 1st round pick is never worthless.

And wouldnt the Rockets have two first rounders in 2012 if they decided to keep NY's? They could move up to the top 5

17. Sanity2disChaos

I agree, the smart move would be to get rid of the pick before Melo arrives in NY.......

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Beggers can not be choosers....do the deal !

DD

19. zainahsan93

zainahsan93 Member

Anthony Randolph or Hasheem Thabeet?

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Ooooh, that is a tough call.......can't we get them both?

DD